2017 Shot Show!

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I like the looks of those pants, are they similar to the feel of the llbean guide pants?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't used those, so I can't compare them. The Obsidian feel like a smoother version of the Kanabs to me. I really like the changes they made to add a little more stretch and also really like the pocket location.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
One of my spies sent me this
attachment.php

Not sure Ryan's getting enough fiber on the SHOT diet.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Just met with Rob from Spartan Precision Equipment (Javelin bipods) and looked at his new products along with some stuff that he has in the works.

This is the new "300" bipod which is available now on their website.

46b8a490bb4e843a59002df9271984a7.jpg

N2TRKYS

WKR
Did anybody come out with a loose fit bdu style synthetic pant this year? Something with the pockets on the side of the legs and not on the front of the legs?

Thanks

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
A couple great looking scopes from Sig Optics.

[video=youtube;Ky5SGBahZEc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky5SGBahZEc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Check out the new FIX rifle from Q LLC and the Vudu precision scopes from EOTech.

[video=youtube;88vRiVqDgUk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88vRiVqDgUk[/video]

Man, whoever dreamed up that Q rifle was thinking WAY outside of the box. A one piece integrated action/chassis, 5 lug bolt, AR-10 mags, quick change bolt head and barrels, folding stock and only 5.8 lbs? Not something I'm currently in the market for, but an impressive bit of clean slate engineering. I can see the utility of a compact folding package like that. Not sure I would be the choice to hand carry on a cold day... but interesting for sure. Thanks guys.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Man, whoever dreamed up that Q rifle was thinking WAY outside of the box. A one piece integrated action/chassis, 5 lug bolt, AR-10 mags, quick change bolt head and barrels, folding stock and only 5.8 lbs? Not something I'm currently in the market for, but an impressive bit of clean slate engineering. I can see the utility of a compact folding package like that. Not sure I would be the choice to hand carry on a cold day... but interesting for sure. Thanks guys.

It was one of the coolest things we saw if not the coolest. I think it will make an incredible backcountry rifle and it should be extremely accurate with the one piece design.

It was one of the coolest things we saw if not the coolest. I think it will make an incredible backcountry rifle and it should be extremely accurate with the one piece design.
Ditto. As far as I'm concerned it's the bolt gun to end them all. Light, folds up and stuffs inside the pack, switch caliber, easy to lock into a tripod, and ergonomics no other rifle in its weight class can dream of. I've been through five hunting rifles in the last few years waiting for something like this. It might not be for everyone but as far as I'm concerned the traditional bolt gun can go the way of the atlatl. I'm going to snag one the instant they are available, I'll post a review when that happens.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

rodney482

WKR
I want one

woods89

WKR
I love traditional bolt rifles but the cold efficiency and engineering in the Q rifle make me want one, even tho I have no overwhelming need for one. Talk about out of the box thinking..........

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Just posted a quick video from the Sitka booth.

[video=youtube;q3HJTFOZZfY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3HJTFOZZfY[/video]

Ditto. As far as I'm concerned it's the bolt gun to end them all. Light, folds up and stuffs inside the pack, switch caliber, easy to lock into a tripod, and ergonomics no other rifle in its weight class can dream of.

I dunno that it's the bolt gun to end them all, but it might just be the first glimpse of the future. Makes you wonder about some aspects of bolt action design that I've always taken for granted. I'd certainly love to shoot one. The folding stock concept isn't entirely new, but that might be the most compact version I've seen. The integrated action/chassis is really a ground breaker.

A "traditional" rifle style has perks and is extremely refined at this point. For example, that metal folding stock would really stink to handle on a sub zero winter caribou hunt, and the whole thing would collect snow no other... but this is just the first "outside the box" rifle. With any luck we will see more of that kind of thinking in the next few years.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Second this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just so you guys know, we have chased Mystery Ranch until we've turned blue. I've been to Bozeman three times to meet with with them. Great products, great guys, but some very old thinking when it comes to meeting backcountry hunters and showing off their products.