2017 Shot Show!

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
It's that time of year again everyone! Shot Show 2017 starts on January 17th and runs through the 20th.

A few of the Rokstaff will be there all week checking out new gear and reporting back on just about anything you guys would like to see/hear more about. Post up in this thread if there is anything you want us to check out and we'll do our best to cover everything we can.

cowboy

Lil-Rokslider
I would like to see if you could get a pair of the Tract 10x42 binoculars to do a review. The price/quality on some of the reports I've read are almost too good to be true.

TheCougar

WKR
New first lite pants: sizing relative to Kanabs, materials, features, etc. and... do they come in asat?

Hunter6

WKR
I you get a chance see if there is anything new / changing with delorme / garmin inreach.

Tyanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IChaseCoues

Lil-Rokslider
I'll be there for the first three days then to the sheep show. Hope to run into some of the Rokslide crew somewhere in the frenzy!

Looks like First Lite has a new pattern out. Can't wait to check it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd like to know if Browning is going to run 28 nosler in their xbolts soon? If they are releasing anything else rifle related of interest?
Thank you and have fun!

Clarktar

WKR
I'd like to know where I can find the best public hunting😀

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mt100gr.

WKR
Check out the Leupold booth and see if the new vx6 HD is worth the extra money.

Also curious about the Gen II PST that Vortex is releasing.

Brado16

WKR
Anything new and unrealeased Optics from Vortex, Nightforce, Burris, Bushnell, Swarvoski and Athlon would be appreciated. Hoping someone will come out with a 3-24x scope, FFF, Good low profile elevation turrets with zero stop, capped windage turrets with multiple reticles to choose from weighing in under 24 ounces would be aweseome. Hey, I can dream right!!

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
If you get a chance, some more info on the Sig kilo 2400AB. Thanks and look forward to all the coverage

Robby and I are currently working on securing one for a review. Hopefully I'll have it in my hands soon and can get started with it. From everything I have seen so far it is one very capable piece of equipment.

Chris Sloan

Lil-Rokslider
They put a picture on instagram with a strip of fabric in cipher, fusion, and asat. Looks like its still in the line up.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
They put a picture on instagram with a strip of fabric in cipher, fusion, and asat. Looks like its still in the line up.

I saw that too. I'm sure we will shoot a video or two at the Firstlite booth and go over all their new stuff.

Gentlemen (and I use that term loosely of course),

I am pondering making a spontaneous and last minute decision to fly down to the sheep show from here in Alaska. I have never been, but its something I've always wanted to do. So, thought I would throw a few quick questions at you guys that have been before. First off, being there is a convention, and possibly more than one in town, would I typically have a problem finding a last minute hotel room somewhere. I've been to Vegas aplenty, but have never been to Reno, so not sure what the town is like and how hard it is finding a room when conventions are in town.

Are there any must see/attend events to do while at the show? I am not sure if going to some of the banquets, dinners, etc, is worth it. Anyway, I am kind of just spitballing the idea of attending, and figured I'd see what the guys who have been there, done that, have to say. If you have any advice, etc, please throw it my way.

Josh