Whats your name boy?

Salix

FNG
I'm a professional forester and in school had to learn the Latin names for most trees and plants. It's Latin for willow. I always liked it and it is the only Latin plant name I can remember after many many years out of school.

When I was first introduced to web forums it was in the 4x4 and off-road world and the rig I was building at the time was a 1972 Jeep Commando. i put my name on the end of it. Its my username on all sorts of web forums now, from pirate4x4, vw sites, Audi sites, diesel truck sites, you name it. Wherever I surf I'm commandoNate

oldgoat

WKR
Navy's mascot is the goat, I'm a retired Navy Chief Petty Officer and since they are generally the oldest members of the crew they are known as the old goats of the Navy. Chief's berthing is called the Goat Locker etc.. And now since I'm in my fifties, it's starting to take on a double duty!

I spent the first 5 years of my adult life away from my parents home (18-23), traveling around the country for the sole purpose of fly fishing for trout. I was able to fish many of the streams that I read and dreamed about fishing as a kid and I was pretty much a bum (just working enough at odd jobs to support my fly fishing habit and travel). The life long dream of living in Alaska and fishing for the huge rainbow trout was what brought me to AK., at 23, and I've been here ever since (this is my 25th year here).

Last edited:
OP

4rcgoat

WKR
Navy's mascot is the goat, I'm a retired Navy Chief Petty Officer and since they are generally the oldest members of the crew they are known as the old goats of the Navy. Chief's berthing is called the Goat Locker etc.. And now since I'm in my fifties, it's starting to take on a double duty!

Thank you for your service, my son is in the Navy, on the Theodore Roosevelt.

sojourner

Lil-Rokslider
Sojourner - One who lives in a place for just a while or one who is just passing through. From the Biblical concept that this world is not my home- just a place I'm residing temporarily as I look forward to my future home in heaven with my God. Also because of my wanderer's spirit and the fact that I've left my home and everything I know to work as a missionary among a tribe in one of the most remote parts of the world.

tttoadman

WKR
Ive been "toad" to everyone that knows me my whole life. I was even "toad on a roadster" for awhile because I could really haul ass on my bicycle.

Todd the Toadman = tttoadman

mine is just a shortened version of the title of one of my favorite songs

easy morning rebel - my morning jacket

Joined my first hunting forum right after a trip to AZ for a Coues hunt, I'd been bitten by the Coues whitetail hunting bug at the time, so that's what I came up with.

robtattoo

WKR
My name is Rob, I'm covered in tattoos (and piercings, but Rob Pierce is an actual person so...)

It's been my username on every forum since 2004