New backpacker model thermacell

wytx

WKR
Couldn't get an older one to work here in town, 7200 ft so I wonder if they will work at all above this altitude.

tracker12

WKR
You can not hunt the Maryland Eastern Shore in the early fall without one. I'll be ordering one of these for sure.

Anyone have a chance to test one of these new backpacker models at 10k+ yet?

At 7' seal level it worked like a charm. I ran it at the Texas Coast all last week.

Not exactly the altitude comparison you might be looking for but I will say it kept the swarms of skeeters at bay.

Lighting is easier then the hand model, also a please not having to carry all the small plastic propane refill around.

Notabiker

FNG
I just ran into this yesterday, we moved from 2k elevation to Co where I sit at over 7k and that's on the plains and upwards of 10k when I go exploring backroads in the mountains.. I did find a mod to open up the original one to work at higher elevations but was looking for other options if that doesn't work out.. I tried the thermacell at the campground that was swarming with mosquitos and even tried a new butane but it would go out after a few seconds and that was only around 8200'

TheCougar

WKR
I've had my old model working intermittently at 7-8k MSL. I was camping in CO at 10.1k and it didn't work at all.