Gritty Bowmen switching to Sitka??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotman

WKR
I still listen, but i give a rats ass wat they wear or shoot , i have to go the most functional economical route. They get good guests and are pretty entertaining

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much what I feel, I only listen when they have people that interest me or a topic. I've never really followed the podcast consistently but do get a good laugh out of it most times and Aron's tips on Instagram are hilarious.

Overall I like the podcast for what it is, I value Aron's opinions but I don't always follow them and I've been this way since his days as the elkslayer when he worked construction. Now if they do switch to Sitka I think it would be silly for people to just dump FL and follow them because they may try something new.

Hall256

WKR
The irony for me is that Brian spent the first 6 months of the podcast basically "bad mouthing" the industry, talking down on people that plug their sponsors, saying "I don't ever wanna be that guy".

A year later, it's all about the sponsor plugs and now it appears they are jumping from one to the next just like the guys he talked down on.

Unfortunately...That seems to be about the only way to "make a living" in this industry...Gotta go where the bills will get paid.

I get it, I'm still a fan, but I only listen to a small portion of the shows these days, too much infomercial and too much stuff I don't agree with.

Like when Brian made a comment about shooting "long range" at a mule deer with a gun he'd never used just because so and so spent big $$$ on it so the gun was good to go. What happened to ethics?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I wonder how much of this switched was influenced by his decision to move to Colorado and do the Gritty Bowman full time. If that becomes your main source of revenue, you have to monetize it some how.

For me, I will stay a fan...if he mentions his sponsors all the time, but can weave a good story through an hour long podcast than I will keep listening. If it looks like he become bias to only talk about his sponsors, then I will still listen, I will probably just listen less to his advice on gear.

WRO

WKR
I've pretty much stopped listening to it..

It used to be great, but when they started trying to come up with catch phrases, lots of sponsorships, and Brian became a way better hunter than he was when the podcast started they lost me. The other thing is, they don't talk about having sponsors much, but there are a bunch of them now. Be honest, if you sold out to make it, say so..

It was fun when it was just a couple guys talking without sponsors, now it's no different than any of the other podcasts out there.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Some of you guys are HILARIOUS! You get what you pay for... oh, which is nothing! Listen or don't, but quit whining about a totally free product!!

Hmmm...

I enjoy listening to them. Can't really begrudge them the right to get sponsors. When you are consuming an advertiser / sponsor supported media for free it is tough to complain too much. Now some folks take it over board to the point that it dilutes the message of the content. Some of the hunting shows are pretty blatant and for me a bit overwhelmed by product placement, ads and sponsored segments. Others are pretty good at striking a balance. I would actually like to see if them do a tv show. I like their podcasts and think they are doing pretty good things. I buy from some of their sponsors and enjoy some of their segments on products.

I am still a fan and will continue to show them love unless they go full Ted Nugent and sell out every nook and cranny of their show.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have on blue underwear today 😁

Thanks for the support and bashing/criticism.

Good luck with your spring hunts everyone!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Stwrt9

WKR
Some of you guys are HILARIOUS! You get what you pay for... oh, which is nothing! Listen or don't, but quit whining about a totally free product!!

couldn't agree more. bottom line is who gives a rip.

I'm pretty sure they are taking the same approach to sponsors as Donnie V. I think some are looking too far into this. FYI...Aron has always worn everything and is constantly trying new diff stuff.

Ya I don't think so. By listening to the podcasts and actually talking to Donnie and consuming what he puts out, it's really not even close.

To be fair if you called Aron on the phone I'm sure he would shoot you as straight as he ever has.

Last edited:

WRO

WKR

Maybe the comments will make the podcast better.

Free or not, lose listeners, you lose sponsors.

Couple simple changes would help, put the advertising at the beginning like Joe Rogan does. Say xyz company sponsors this podcast. Maybe do an update podcast explaining the changes since the beginning. When it started, they didn't want sponsorships, no land owner tags, guided hunts, etc. All of those have been done as part of the show in the last year.

That's probably where a lot of the backlash is coming from.

I've pretty much stopped listening to it..

It used to be great, but when they started trying to come up with catch phrases, lots of sponsorships, and Brian became a way better hunter than he was when the podcast started they lost me. The other thing is, they don't talk about having sponsors much, but there are a bunch of them now. Be honest, if you sold out to make it, say so..

It was fun when it was just a couple guys talking without sponsors, now it's no different than any of the other podcasts out there.

So, Brian became a "way better hunter" after he started doing the podcast? Aren't we all supposed to become "better" hunters? Isn't that the ultimate goal? What difference does it make how people improve their hunting capabilities? Who wouldn't become a better hunter after spending time with people who have a wealth of knowledge to share about hunting and other things related? It seems like you're bashing Brian. Again, it's easy for us to sit here and critique someone because we don't agree with what they do. It's time to start encouraging each other and appreciate that we have a passion for backcountry western hunting-this is a brotherhood.

Maybe the comments will make the podcast better.

Free or not, lose listeners, you lose sponsors.

Couple simple changes would help, put the advertising at the beginning like Joe Rogan does. Say xyz company sponsors this podcast. Maybe do an update podcast explaining the changes since the beginning. When it started, they didn't want sponsorships, no land owner tags, guided hunts, etc. All of those have been done as part of the show in the last year.

That's probably where a lot of the backlash is coming from.

They had a whole podcast on when they took on some sponsors. It all had to do with Brian doing it full time. Give it a listen. They explain it pretty well.

Chad E

WKR
Holy hell the amount of speculation on this thread is insane. Take a deep breath and relax. If it's really that big a deal to you call Aron. I'm sure he won't bs you.

I don't understand why people act like the podcast (or any podcast) for that matter owes them something. This thread became nothing but bashing. Hunters really are their own worst enemies.

WRO

WKR
They had a whole podcast on when they took on some sponsors. It all had to do with Brian doing it full time. Give it a listen. They explain it pretty well.
Do you know which one? I've listened to a few hundred hours of podcasts this year and several gritty bowmen.

Do you know which one? I've listened to a few hundred hours of podcasts this year and several gritty bowmen.

Just found one I'm thinking of.
Episode 132 and its kinda sprinkled in. its only like a 45 min listen. Kinda starts around min 9 or so.

I suggest everyone who is in this thread give it a listen.

Edit: Minute 33 is also a good mark if you wanna fast forward.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.