2017 Western Hunt Expo

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Who will be making it? I'd love to meet fellow sliders. If you see me, make sure to stop me and say hello!

I was thinking the same about Utah? SFW gonna be there too? I do hope you guys have a great weekend. One of these days I'll attend a hunting expo.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm curious to see what Exo Mountain Gear has to show. They seem pretty excited about their new 2017 gear.

Speeddmn

FNG
I'll be roaming the Salt Palace Saturday from open ish till around 4 maybe. Need to put hands on gear before I scour the interwebs and buy it. I'll have a BHA Public land owner hoodie on

coachjdub

Lil-Rokslider
If you get a chance to check out the new upgrades from the Exo Packs, please share. Have a great time!

CM

WKR
I was thinking the same about Utah? SFW gonna be there too? I do hope you guys have a great weekend. One of these days I'll attend a hunting expo.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

SFW runs and makes a lot of money off the whole thing including the drawing of 200 tags. I used to go every year and had a good time, but I can't in good conscience go and support SFW.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm passionately opposed to the expo. I don't see everyone joining a chapter of SFW in thier home state to reap the "benefits" such an organization provides. You could have your own expo and not travel so far. Thank you for your lobby dollars enjoy the policy that's pushed with that money

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I will be there Friday.
My opinion is that SFW and MDF do some good for the wildlife and hunters in Utah. Now is there room for improvement in transparency of what, when and how they spend the money they earn? ABSOLUTELY!
But I'll walk around and check out the gear, run into a few people I know and hopefully some Roksliders. Maybe Robby could come up with a secret handshake. Also the mounts are pretty incredible. My wife picked the pose of her mule deer there last year so that was cool.

I'll be there Saturday. I should be fairly easy to pick out of the crowd since I don't wear flat-brimmed hats or jeans with bejeweled pockets ;)

CorbLand

WKR
I'll be there Saturday. I should be fairly easy to pick out of the crowd since I don't wear flat-brimmed hats or jeans with bejeweled pockets ;)
Don't mistake this guy for me I will be there Friday.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"

We should walk around in a group and heckle those types. Carry a bedazzler and tell them some of their beadwork fell off. I go to see the new gear, but no way in hell do I buy tickets on those stolen public tags they sell off to send the wildlife board guys on sheep hunts.

I'm passionately opposed to the expo. I don't see everyone joining a chapter of SFW in thier home state to reap the "benefits" such an organization provides. You could have your own expo and not travel so far. Thank you for your lobby dollars enjoy the policy that's pushed with that money

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I find it odd that there has been such a large outpouring of criticism and protest in the outdoor industry that companies have begun pulling out of OR in Utah. Yet Utah can continue to shaft sportsmen in several ways and they swarm back like ants.

I would have thought the shenanigans that took place with Utah and SFW would have sparked something, guess not.

I've got several emails into companies asking and imploring them to boycott this gathering. Will be interested to see what they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've gone the last 5 years but after looking into and reading about the issues with SFW, I'm not going to attend anymore. Don't want to be like the people that complain Pro Athletes make too much money but they attend the events anyway! I'll miss the great show and hooking up with some friends but the lure of drawing a coveted tag will still draw a lot of people hoping they'll get lucky and not being concerned about where their money is going. Monster Muleys has a thread going with almost 400 posts on the topic!