Whats in the truck?

JWP58

WKR
Reasonable list. I need to upgrade my skids and get a winch....and some taller tires. Other than that I carry a ton of stuff you mentioned. I don't roll anywhere without a tow strap and shovel...or wet wipes.

sdfuller

Lil-Rokslider
First aid kit
Leatherman
Baby wipes
Binos
Shovel
Tow strap
Jumper cables
Heavy winter jacket
Knife (esee-4)
Flares
Gloves
Stainless steel bottle w/ water purifying & fire kit i side

Then I add crap as needed depending on what I'm doing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a saw in the truck almost everywhere I go. If I'm hunting out of a backpack and parking at a remote trailhead I can fit one of my small arborist saws under the back seats. If I'm truck camping I'll bring a normal one.... been caught with my pants down enough times and learned the hard way....

Other than that a combination of what's been mentioned already

boom

WKR
i carry a separate flashlight and headlamp. i hate having to use the one in my pack..because i know i will forget to put it back..and off i go.

Pig_Pen

FNG
I never want to be "that guy" that slid off the road and had to drink pee and eat bark for 3 days. I usually have enough MRE's for a few days and a small case of water. I always have a tool kit to cover most scenarios, it is a jeep, both on my vehicle and anyone I may run into in trouble.
Spare fluids
Spare serp. Belt
Nothing worse than being stuck 40 miles from town for the simple things.

OP
R

rbljack

WKR
Anyone carry one of the handheld jumpstart packs?

Seem like they might come in handy

Yes I do. I didn't have it years back and was stranded at a trailhead because my truck ran fine to the hunting spot..then I came back and NOTHING..except click click, click click. That was followed by many colorful words. NO traffic at the dead end trailhead of course....LOL...so now I carry a battery pack. And not just any battery pack....I have this one NOCO - 4000A Lithium Jump Starter - GB150

I'm adding a warn M8000S to the tacoma this year.
But because I live in suburbia, and don't need it 365 days a year, I installed a hidden front hitch receiver, and ran switched power wires to the front and back of the truck with big quick connect plugs. Now I can run the winch in the front, or back of the truck, in my opinion making it more versatile for different situations if I am out solo. When im not out in the woods, it can stay in the garage. This way I also didnt add a few hundred lb's to the front of the truck with a winch bumper, and permanent winch.
Things that always stay in my truck..
First aid kit, tow strap, baby wipes, work gloves, a small tarp, jumper cables, small tool kit, and a few bottles of water.
When headed out I add in the shovel, winch, and winch accessories.

Opah

WKR
I had a dead battery way up in Big Bear near gold mountain, ended up pulling my serpentine belt and wrapping a rope around my alt and spinning it by hand. after a couple premature tries and a good 15/20 minutes of spinning it the truck started. Just a I'm screwed moment remedy you all should Know

boom

WKR
I had a dead battery way up in Big Bear near gold mountain, ended up pulling my serpentine belt and wrapping a rope around my alt and spinning it by hand. after a couple premature tries and a good 15/20 minutes of spinning it the truck started. Just a I'm screwed moment remedy you all should Know

badass. heard about that one CAR TALK with click and clack. glad to hear it works.