fef1b2b70920e3e6c29e21c6cdc5bd44.jpg

Oh definitely hunting gear. Prolly dries fast and light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,

Eww

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here it is! The Stone Glacier X frame
Stone Glaciers new X-frame - YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great pack. I purchased the xcurve with the sky archer. Jeff is awesome and sure took care of me. They had some weight there to try out the frame and I felt it carried really well. Just sold the duplex so I will have some past experience comparison. Thanks for the video.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
That stuff looks nice but holy piss are they asking a lot of money! $300 for standard lightweight pants?

Yep, that's why I said in the post the stuff is not cheap. With their supplier as Schoeller, a leading mountaineering supplier, this stuff is never going to be cheap. Just like the best in any product line will be most expensive typically
However if Butch is right about durability in this line your cost per day of use may not be any higher than less expensive garments that don't last as long. Time will tell

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
If anyone at the show can get their hands on the new Nikon bino/rangefinder, see if you can test them out best you can. I know some of the guys did at the SHOT show but maybe someone can look at them in further detail. Thanks and stay out of trouble!

Randy

I checked for you, but no Nikon booth and the few store booths I saw didn't have them either.

Yep, that's why I said in the post the stuff is not cheap. With their supplier as Schoeller, a leading mountaineering supplier, this stuff is never going to be cheap. Just like the best in any product line will be most expensive typically
However if Butch is right about durability in this line your cost per day of use may not be any higher than less expensive garments that don't last as long. Time will tell

The Tora pant is made out of the greatest fabric ever in my opinion., they should have made the upper out of the same material. Some of that stuff they are going to have a real hard time moving. I think Scholler is the cats ass but even so, some of these pieces are inflated, I assume due to them being camo. The hat in dryskin is the only one Ive ever seen so thats cool as well.
Their struggle will be convincing guys the steep price is indeed better than some of the competition. i would run a pair of camo dryskin pants over a Sitka Timberline pant any day. But some of that stuff will be difficult to see the benefit of.

I picked up a seconds pair of pants at an REI a couple years back that used the dry skin, it was the only pair of pants i took on my john muir through hike, which was about 30ish days. then i gave the pants to a friend and it was one of the 2 pair he took on his AT through hike. all told there is easily over 300 days on those pants as he still wears them.

The only issue I had is I didn't like the cut, to skinny jean for me as A lot of the dryskin stuff is for big wall guys, as it is VERY durable to abrasions. so hopefully kryptek made it a more american cut.

It remains to be seen if hunters actually require this level of technical clothing, but even so the fact that it is there and available is cool.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
got home last night and wanted to write my thoughts on the hunt expo...

First off, if you have never been, you need to go! I had a blast meeting like minded people and seeing cool products. The place was filled with monster bucks and bulls. You do have to wade through the flat brims and mullets though ( those two fashion statements need to end sooner than later!!!)

I was most impressed with meeting big buck killers. there were a ton of them there and very helpful in sharing info and advice.

as far as products, I was most impressed with the clothing. 2 things in particular is the womens line in First lite, Sitka, and Kryptek. Woman have been asking for years and they finally listened. All of these lines seemed very well received by the woman at the show and it is a giant leap for women and their support by the hunting industry in my opinion.

As far as mens apparel, two companies stood out to me, SKRE and Kryptek. Ill start with SKRE, man this stuff is solid and they are a company that receives feedback by customers and makes their next version that much better. More on that to come. This is high quality gear at less cost then the big 3 ( kryptek, sitka, first lite). They are picking up steam and making their mark. Their booth was very busy and people seemed to like the products they had.

Kryptek's new altitude series is very very nice. It is made with Schoeller c-change fabric which was up until this point, only available to brands like arcterryx, scarpa, North face, and BMW. Kryptek is the only company that offers this in camouflage. Im anxious to see peoples experience with this particular line.

I believe I will be back next year!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for coming up Travis. Can't wait to see the Siberian review later this year too.