Opinions on FL Currogate

Saw a friend wearing these yesterday. First time I have seen them. I don't currently own any FL but have heard great reviews on their merino stuff. Just wondering how the Currogate pants are.

I have several varieties of Sitka pants and some Kuiu guide and attack pants. The currogates seem thinner than the attacks? Are they a good warm weather pant?

SR270

FNG
The corrugates worked great for me last August, with temps in the mid 90's.

The new Ascents from sitka and the kuiu tiburons are lighter.
One thing about first light that caused my to sell the corragates is I'm not a small nor a medium so going with a company that does sizes works beer for me.

OP
I
The new Ascents from sitka and the kuiu tiburons are lighter.
One thing about first light that caused my to sell the corragates is I'm not a small nor a medium so going with a company that does sizes works beer for me.
I like the attacks, are the tiburons cut and sized pretty dimilar?

Not sure I understand your comment on the Currogates, is it hard to get th we m in larger sizes?

OP
I
I think he's saying he's between sizes. Small=too small, medium=too big
Ok, I get that. I actually did buy a couple of pairs of the FL north branch bibs but the XL was a little too small and the 2X were too big. I wonder how the Currogate sizing runs. On the plus side I wouldn't probably layer under them, it would be for early season.

Ben

WKR
Saw a friend wearing these yesterday. First time I have seen them. I don't currently own any FL but have heard great reviews on their merino stuff. Just wondering how the Currogate pants are.

I have several varieties of Sitka pants and some Kuiu guide and attack pants. The currogates seem thinner than the attacks? Are they a good warm weather pant?

Yes. Thinner than attacks. Great for warm weather. I sold my Sitka ascents for the corrugated and wouldn't go back.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Easily the most comfortable pants I've ever worn. They're like wearing tougher pajamas. Not as warm as some others but for archery these are awesome.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Easily the most comfortable pants I've ever worn. They're like wearing tougher pajamas. Not as warm as some others but for archery these are awesome.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I agree I love these pants! I use these more a majority of my hiking/hunting then use sitka timberline when I need a warmer pant, then the northbranch bibs to layer everything for when it's colder.

WoodBow

WKR
Has anybody worn the corrugates and pranas to compare? I was really interested in the corrugates, but at $100+ it was a pretty easy decision for me to try the pranas instead when I can get them around $40 on sale. I've been so happy with the pranas that I can't imagine the corrugates being enough of an improvement to justify the cost difference. I guess if you want camo, corrugates win there.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I've been very happy with the Currogates. The stretch is great and the mediums fit me well at 5'10", 170lbs.

I do have two complaints although they are miner. I have some piling after a season of use where my pack rubs and the seam next to my zipper came apart on one of my pairs. I've had similar issues with just about every brand of hunting pants I've ever worn over the years and neither of these issues affected the function of the pants but I think still worth pointing out.

Woodbow. I have Zions and had the corragates. I really live the Zions and the price is killer if you wait for sales. I mainly sold the FLs because of fit but unless you "have " to have camouflage I don't think the Zions will disappoint you.

kravguy

WKR
I will be the black sheep and say I dont care for them. After 5 or so wears the stitching in the crouch started to let go and now there is a hole. Also not too big a fan of the fit. Thigh area is ok, but calf area really tapers down into almost a skinny jean that I dont care for. Almost too tight I cannot pull up my calf just a bit to put socks on, and way too tight at the bottom to pull over boots. Eddie Bauer guides and Pranas have been much nicer for me.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Hunter Sargent

Lil-Rokslider
Has anybody worn the corrugates and pranas to compare? I was really interested in the corrugates, but at $100+ it was a pretty easy decision for me to try the pranas instead when I can get them around $40 on sale. I've been so happy with the pranas that I can't imagine the corrugates being enough of an improvement to justify the cost difference. I guess if you want camo, corrugates win there.

I wear both. The Corrugates are stretchier, which is nice. They are also more tapered so there isn't extra material around the ankle to get caught on brush and make that "swish" noise. The Pranas are nice too, though.

twall13

WKR
I have both the Prana and Corrugates and they are both really nice. The Corrugates have a bit more stretch and taper more in the lower leg which I personally like for hunting (cuts down on noise from fabric rubbing) but some with bigger calves don't care for. The Corrugates are my go to hunting pants. That said, if I'm completely honest, the Prana Zions are my favorite pair of pants for all around use. I still prefer the Corrugates for hunting mostly for the pocket layout but that's a pretty personal preference and probably isn't worth the extra cost. I found the built in adjustment in the waist on the Pranas works really well if you want to ditch the belt under a pack. I don't think I'd ever wear the Corrugates outside of a hunting situation since they are more of a skinny jean type fit whereas the Pranas get a lot of every day use. Both pants have been very durable for me and dry quickly when they get wet. Either pant will serve you well, they are my two favorite pairs of pants (Kuhl Renegades coming in third for me).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Gobspur

FNG
I just received a pair of the corrugates in medium and really liked them. Seemed like they would be great for a wide range of temps. However the sizing was off so I had to return them. I'm 5'10" and 150 pounds. I usually wear 31 to 32 waist in jeans/other pants. The medium corrugates were just a tad big, and baggy in the crouch. Will be trying a size small if they ever come back in stock....

The corrugate makes a great early season pant it can also work well as a mid season pant later on in the season

first lite is releasing the corrugate guide short this as well.

OP
I
The corrugate makes a great early season pant it can also work well as a mid season pant later on in the season

first lite is releasing the corrugate guide short this as well.
Any input on fit? I wear a 40 in the Sitka and Kuiu stuff I own. That appears to be at the top of the size range for FL (XL = 37 to 40, XXL = 41-44). Four inches seems like a huge range for a pair of pants. Just wondering if the XL will be tight.