Opinions on FL Currogate

Trial153

WKR
Any input on fit? I wear a 40 in the Sitka and Kuiu stuff I own. That appears to be at the top of the size range for FL (XL = 37 to 40, XXL = 41-44). Four inches seems like a huge range for a pair of pants. Just wondering if the XL will be tight.

I wear 38 in Sitka gear. Got the currogates in XL and although I didn't care for them they were fit fine, slightly roomy.

Trial153

WKR
So do you feel there was an extra 2 inches of room?

What didn't you like about them?

Two inches might be close, especially if your planning on a base layer under it. Unfortunately I think 2xl will swim on you at 40". I couldn't get used to the way they fit below the knee, tight and they would bind on boots. They also weren't warm enough for me much past early September. In short they fill a spot I don't need. I like my Ascent pants a 100% better.

OP
I
Two inches might be close, especially if your planning on a base layer under it. Unfortunately I think 2xl will swim on you at 40". I couldn't get used to the way they fit below the knee, tight and they would bind on boots. They also weren't warm enough for me much past early September. In short they fill a spot I don't need. I like my Ascent pants a 100% better.
That's what I was afraid of. I tried the North Branch a while back and the XL was too snug and the XXL was way big. I was hoping the pants would be different. Too bad they don't come in waist sizes by inches. Like I said a 4 inch spread from 37-40 is way too much to try and fit everyone in that range.

Any input on fit? I wear a 40 in the Sitka and Kuiu stuff I own. That appears to be at the top of the size range for FL (XL = 37 to 40, XXL = 41-44). Four inches seems like a huge range for a pair of pants. Just wondering if the XL will be tight.

i would gravitate toward the 2xl...i wear large corrugate and medium kanabs and i am a 34 waist

if you need more help or pricing just let us know

usandthem

FNG
I'm 5'7" 160, I usually wear between a 32-34" waist. The mediums fit me great, I liked the tapered legs and didn't have any trouble getting them over my Danner Pronghorns, but I am not a huge legged guy either. I wore them for early archery with the temps in the 90's and for our early muzzleloader season with a thin baselayer underneath them. I thought these were the best hunting pants I have worn. They stretched awesome and never bound up when stepping up high over brush or logs. Mine have been very durable, I cut my inner thigh pretty good stepping over a tree that had a sharp branch sticking out that I didn't see. I was bleeding, but the pants didn't show a single frayed fiber. They are breathable and quiet enough to get in bow range on elk. My only complaint is that I think they forgot the DWR on mine, as wet moss soaked straight into my rear when I sat on a log. They dried quickly, but the cotton underwear didn't! I like them so much I actually bought a second pair. I also have a pair of Kuiu Attacks and like them a lot, but I have lost about 50 pounds since I bought them and they are just way to big on me now.

Has anybody worn the corrugates and pranas to compare? I was really interested in the corrugates, but at $100+ it was a pretty easy decision for me to try the pranas instead when I can get them around $40 on sale. I've been so happy with the pranas that I can't imagine the corrugates being enough of an improvement to justify the cost difference. I guess if you want camo, corrugates win there.

I've got both and like them for different reasons. One thing the Corrugates have going is a roomier cut in the thighs. If you squat, and have developed quads they give you a bit more room. My Zions are a bit snug on the thighs/butt even though the waist is good (if even a tad bit roomy)

I've been very happy with the Currogates. The stretch is great and the mediums fit me well at 5'10", 170lbs.

I do have two complaints although they are miner. I have some piling after a season of use where my pack rubs and the seam next to my zipper came apart on one of my pairs. I've had similar issues with just about every brand of hunting pants I've ever worn over the years and neither of these issues affected the function of the pants but I think still worth pointing out.

Justin I've sent back 3 pairs of corrugates because the crotch seam eventually gave out. It started exactly as you described with the seam next to the zipper, then worked its way down.
For a pair of pants that's 170 bucks I expect better from them. Disappointing because they are pretty good but FL's track record on their pants is shaky at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The XXL will be to big, the guides are stretchy as hell. With that said you might not like how fitted the legs are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk