Kudo's Gritty Bowmen!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarktar

WKR
Why anyone would desire to put in all the time and effort to do podcasts is beyond me.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

patty59

FNG
Why anyone would desire to put in all the time and effort to do podcasts is beyond me.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Apparently there's money in it. I suppose there would be advertising dollars, but I'm wondering how you could actually make a go out of it, short of having a million followers or something?

Clarktar

WKR
Maybe... but I doubt it pencils out to anything great when you consider all the time etc. Or maybe it does, after several years. I just don't understand it. But I don't understand alot of things :)

They never actually said why exactly, more along the lines of they're all good clothes so why does it matter. Yes we get free stuff and get payed for repping certain companies and why shouldn't we especially if we believe in them. They are both great clothing companies, so do what's good for you.

Reading between the lines it was a monetary decision. But their point was that Sitka vs First Lite is not a step down or up but a step sideways and more of a preference decision. Aron also made the point that he ran Sitka a lot before Gritty Bowmen.

This was gritty bowmen in the comment section on YouTube. Seemed first lite and gritty bowmen didn't quite mesh together on the business side.
bbef8d22a82c8f6a10e24b7b2e0d8b00.jpg
0355346448254a9f5e652820f565ec2b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe... but I doubt it pencils out to anything great when you consider all the time etc. Or maybe it does, after several years. I just don't understand it. But I don't understand alot of things :)

As Aron said, it's a condo lifestyle. But what does it matter when you spend more than half your time in the backcountry and that's where you would prefer to be. Once you get enough of a following you are getting the majority of your gear for free and your hunts as well, but camera equipment and food costs can add up for sure.

Clarktar

WKR
I think an income still matters when you spend 6 months in the back-country. Owning a condo is not in-expensive. Nor is raising a family. I will stop myself before I assume too much. But I still don't understand the "desire" to start a podcast. But I am glad others have the desire, because they sure break up a long drive, and add some entertainment to a night in the bed of my truck.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm not wearing underwear!

I did get my hair cut though!

Brian and I do appreciate the feedback and are always looking at new and exciting ways to increase our followers and listeners. Our numbers are higher than they've ever been and we're super excited about that. We feel this is because of all of the positive and negative feedback. We know we can't make everyone happy all of the time but we do hope we make most of you happy some of the time.

We release more podcasts than any other hunting podcast on the market. We do this to cater to multiple different types of listeners... So the idea is if you don't like the podcast you don't have to listen, but but the next one may be right up your alley!

I can't speak for Brian on this, but I truly wish you guys would stop bitching about what you don't like and focus on what you do. There are so many different things to talk about and there's no way anyone is going to like them all.

Keep in mind that for every podcast someone hates there's thousands of people that love it. The Traeger podcast is a prime example; I wasn't sure that that podcast would go very well, but we got overloaded with positive comments about it. The cool thing about that episode is the podcast was titled pretty clearly and was very easy to skip.

Again, thanks for all the feedback and good luck this season!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
When a podcast's popularity is based on one of its members whose claim to fame is giving unbiased reviews of gear (which saves us normal people time money and frustration) i can understand why people are uncomfortable with the direction they are heading. Can we be sure the product reviews are 100% unbiased when sponsors are involved? Take that with less content focusing on bowhunting gear and more content that just seems like flavor of the week product placement and sure people are going to worry about the show going down the crapper. But why worry about it in the first place? Because GB had integrity from the beginning, a rare thing these days in the media. We want people to be successful but hate when they sell out. Hopefully GB can walk the line.
I appreciated the latest podcast, even though it seemed like a kidnapping hostage video as i kept wondering if someone off screen was pointing a gun at them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Retterath

WKR
That would be too reasonable and logical. I've never been more embarrassed to be a man. I just can't wait to see all the photos of the knitted sweaters they've made sitting around like a bunch of old women talkin shit about "Beatrice" from across the street.

I agree 100%

2ski

WKR
Now if kuiu becomes the sponsor then.......

That would be sweet if they had Jason on the podcast. I would pay to listen to Aron and Jason "discuss" things.

Maybe this is just a big finger to Jason....since he did start Sitka....lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

DWinVA

WKR
I'm not wearing underwear!

I did get my hair cut though!

Brian and I do appreciate the feedback and are always looking at new and exciting ways to increase our followers and listeners. Our numbers are higher than they've ever been and we're super excited about that. We feel this is because of all of the positive and negative feedback. We know we can't make everyone happy all of the time but we do hope we make most of you happy some of the time.

We release more podcasts than any other hunting podcast on the market. We do this to cater to multiple different types of listeners... So the idea is if you don't like the podcast you don't have to listen, but but the next one may be right up your alley!

I can't speak for Brian on this, but I truly wish you guys would stop bitching about what you don't like and focus on what you do. There are so many different things to talk about and there's no way anyone is going to like them all.

Keep in mind that for every podcast someone hates there's thousands of people that love it. The Traeger podcast is a prime example; I wasn't sure that that podcast would go very well, but we got overloaded with positive comments about it. The cool thing about that episode is the podcast was titled pretty clearly and was very easy to skip.

Again, thanks for all the feedback and good luck this season!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I enjoy the podcast and have learned a lot. I really enjoyed ones with the Gritty Scotsman. I laughed so hard I cried during a few of the episodes he was on. Hopefully he'll make an appearance on future episodes.

Keep up up the good work.

God Bless.

Mark

WKR
Can we be sure the product reviews are 100% unbiased when sponsors are involved?

I have had multiple conversations with Aron regarding Kifaru products. Knowing that Aron works for Kifaru, one might expect him to sell you as much Kifaru product as one would be willing to buy. Not so...

My first conversation with Aron was something along the lines of, "You guys sell a lot of products. What would a good system be for me based on how and what I hunt." Aron told me what he thought would be a good set-up for me after listening to my requirements.

After listening to what he recommended for me and going back and forth on a couple of other items, he flat out said, "No, you won't need X,Y or Z with that system." He could have sold me an additional $175 worth of gear, but instead he stopped me from ordering things that I didn't need.
Based on that first conversation, I won't ever be concerned about Aron's integrity.

I honestly believe that a lot of people over-think this whole sponsor thing and this GB podcast (or any other podcast/sponsor). If you like the podcast, listen to it. If you like Sitka gear, by it, wear and enjoy it. If you would rather wear First Lite, buy it, wear it and enjoy it. I can't possibly imagine anyone buying clothing or gear just because someone else wears it or pitches it on their podcast. Buy your own gear and try it out and make your own decisions on what works for you. This is not a one-size-fits-all world we live in. What works for you may not work for me. Other than the Kifaru pack, I have not made one purchase just because so and so said it works for them. And I assure you, if that Kifaru kit didn't work for me, I would have sold it and bought something different.

What I have done is spent my money on four different lines of clothing until I found what works best for me. And out of the four brands I do like, I own a piece or two of each. Why? Because I liked this, but didn't like that about one line over the other. This is pretty easy to figure out.

Lheise88

FNG
So many jealous people. If you were in the same shoes as them you'd totally do the same thing. We need to stick together. Not fight amongst ourself.

I don't like the censorship. Free Aron's vocabulary!

I would like to see/hear some campfire episodes, but Katy might have her work cut out for her with those.

Another cool show idea would be a listener input one where you put out a request for input for the following categories:

1) Best piece of gear for unlimited budgets
2) Best piece of gear for limited budgets
3) Best multi-use piece of gear
4) Best DIY gear mods/gear combos

Obviously you would have to pick through it for stuff you agree with, but listener interaction is always a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.