Akers Steel Targets - AR500 Rifle Targets

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey Roksliders,

I started a small business through my current company called Akers Steel Targets. I was making steel targets on the burn table for friends and personal use and figured I might as well sell to the public. I am starting out small with a few different designs but I have lots of stuff coming down the line that we are testing right now (pretty much the best R & D job around!).

Take a look at my website and let me know what you think!

Akers Steel Targets

I am offering a Rokslide discount of 10%. Enter ROKSLIDE and checkout and it will be applied.

Shipping is free to the lower 48.

I have been part of Rokslide since the beginning and I am really looking to you guys for help shaping this company. PLEASE give me feedback on what you would like to see offered on website. I do all the designs personally so just send me an email with some pictures of your ideas

Thanks!

Brock Akers

[email protected]

Clarktar

WKR
Hell yea! Sign me up. I will buy a few and come pick them up Brock. I have been thinking about buying some lately, perfect timing!

Don't forget to make some hats and start a Akers Instagram account!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I've been shooting Brock's targets since he started making them and they are great. They are holding up really well to the abuse we've been putting them through.

A bunch of shots from multiple rifles at about 500 yds if memory serves me correctly.

4417730fc69315f6393475f9246e933b.jpg

c4258c24701a5a515d0a5066b1ceae53.jpg

Here's a close up of hits with a 300 Win Mag spitting 215 Bergers. The target was set at 730 yds.

e2fcd4b1aef546c548720889651fdb36.jpg

Last edited:

ianpadron

WKR
God bless for offering free shipping! I'll pick up a couple for target practice.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Here are a couple of shots from Tanya and Kelly. With a 300 RUM and 300 WSM at 100 yards. I bet I have shot this target 300+ times with magnums and the steel just takes it. Brocks not cheating you on the steel, good stuff

[video=youtube_share;RyrseV7NZYc]https://youtu.be/RyrseV7NZYc[/video]

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here are a couple of shots from Tanya and Kelly. With a 300 RUM and 300 WSM at 100 yards. I bet I have shot this target 300+ times with magnums and the steel just takes it. Brocks not cheating you on the steel, good stuff

[video=youtube_share;RyrseV7NZYc]https://youtu.be/RyrseV7NZYc[/video]
Thanks for the video Ryan!

I'll put up a disclaimer now, Ryan was shooting that target up close with a big caliber because I asked him to test the target with the intent of making it fail. Shooting them this close will put alot of stress on the welds.

I strongly recommend shooting them at distances greater than 250+ yards to make them last.

But as you can see, the steel held up just fine!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Got my order in...being as I am just mainly shooting 140 grainers at 2700 fps at them it should last forever.

colersu22

WKR
Would I be able to pick up locally and what are your hours if I went that route?

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Would I be able to pick up locally and what are your hours if I went that route?
Absolutely. Monday - Friday open till 5. I live close though so we can meet up anytime. Give me a call

253 632 1679

mt100gr.

WKR
Very cool, Brock! A couple more targets is on my short list this year too.

I will be buying them from you...haven't even looked at your site yet....

dotman

WKR
Quick thought, could you add weights for each? I can't bring my own metal to my range but when I go to CO I have a few areas I can pack targets to. I know, probably a weird request but it would help for deciding which to order. Also I would usually just set them on the ground, maybe a packable frame for setup is possible?

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Quick thought, could you add weights for each? I can't bring my own metal to my range but when I go to CO I have a few areas I can pack targets to. I know, probably a weird request but it would help for deciding which to order. Also I would usually just set them on the ground, maybe a packable frame for setup is possible?
I can definitely add weights. I have been thinking about some sort of frame I can fabricate for these. I have a few ideas, hoping to do a prototype soon. I'll keep you updated

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Had a few request for a hook design. Made a prototype and Justin is testing it this weekend hopefully.

dotman

WKR
I can definitely add weights. I have been thinking about some sort of frame I can fabricate for these. I have a few ideas, hoping to do a prototype soon. I'll keep you updated

Thanks man!