Tell us about your profile picture

7mag.

WKR
Mine is my biggest Blacktail. I'm not a trophy hunter, and this is the only animal I've ever had mounted to date.

92xj

WKR
Greatest dog I ever had. Had to put him down 8/8/16 at 4.5 years old. Picture was taken on the beach in a 50ish mph wind.

4rcgoat

WKR
I just realized I don't have a profile picture.:cool:

I dont have one either, although over on the A.T. site my profile pic is an over head view of the Uss Theodore Roosevelt which my son was deployed on, all the sailor's grouped together on the flight deck to form the letters U.S.A. My son was somewhere in the S.Thankyou to all who have and are currently serving in the armed forces.

ChrisS

WKR
Mine is my great uncle in the 1940s while hunting in the Adirondacks. Guy was one helluva woodsman. Snuck off to a Canadian lumber camp at 17 to get a job and spent most of the rest of his life in the woods.
825eedd6aeb476386dbd66e734a9de43.jpg

Rs3003

WKR
Mine is me with a 36 pound snapping turtle I caught in 2013 at Cross Creek Lake here in PA. It's the biggest one I ever caught. We make turtle soup and I make a clock out of the shells.

Opah

WKR
lets see if it is there? if it is my best day of hunting, solo hunt D14, been tracking a couple does for week or better with no buck to be seen.
Had to drop down the mountain to pick up the wife and bring her up for the week and when I got back the Does were gone?
Tracked them up the mountain to a soft bowl with a huge umbrella oak tree, first morning back out, the wife setting in the truck reading and dosing and same story as down the mountain.
One of the 3 fawns sticks his head out of the tree line and Mama snorts her disaproval and the fawn Jumps back into the three, a couple minutes later the first doe sticks her head out smelling and listening intently after a minute she walks out and behind her the 3 fawns blast out boucing around ( what a joy to watch).
Ok now the second doe is taking a bit longer to come out than before, AAAA here she comes and with a nice forky with his nose up her rear. I'm up on a ridge, the Fawns are dancing around the first doe is grazing and BOOM!
I nail him beaautiful broad side shot him jumps and tears thru a small game tunel thru the bushes, Happy and trying to see if the wife heard the shot I set back and light a cigerette trying to control the adrinaline coursing thru my Body. As I set smoking I see Gold coming up the creek bed? i say to myself " cougar" your not takeing my deer! but watching it a bit more its not moving like a cat? its more lumbering around and sniffing, Glassing it "Its a Bear" Yes that freaking tag is finally going to pay off.
He wonders up and thru the tree where the deer had bedded down and out the front where they came out. He stops and is sniffing the blood from the deer I just shot and BOOM! a beautiful broad side shot.
way mor to the story but thats the picture My first and only 2FER what a freaking Rush

Not sure why my picture didn't show I added it?
2fer.jpg

Last edited:

TripleJ

WKR
It's a picture of my 2016 bull, my biggest bull to date. It's a Cascade Roosevelt I called in and shot at 10 yards on a solo hunt that almost didn't happen. My mother-in-law was dying of cancer and was day to day. My awesome wife was very adamant that I go hunting, even though I felt like I should be there to support my wife. That Sunday morning, I was really close to calling the hunt and heading home, knowing the dire situation at home and what my wife was going through. The wind had been awful all weekend, and I was having trouble getting close to elk with the swirling winds. But then I told myself "you're already up here, give it one more shot this morning." It was pretty obvious to me that morning that there was divine intervention, the way that everything went down. I got a response at 1st daylight, and ended up shooting the bull about an hour later. He probably bugled at least 40 times in that hour. I shot the bull on Sunday the 18th, and my mother-in-law passed away on the 20th. It was the highest of highs and the lowest of lows in a 2 day stretch.