Tell us about your profile picture

TripleJ

WKR
Triple J I feel for your loss and am amazed by your success! But how do you Pack out something like that on a solo trip? WOW you da man

Thanks, I appreciate it. It was a rough pack out, even boned out it took me 5 trips. It was uphill and thick brush with no trail, but luckily the distance was under a mile.

bigmoose

WKR
Mine is a big 6X10 buck taken in 1980 in Colorado. I was able to get the Jeep right to him and it was all my wife and I could do to load him. The Jeep did not have a tail gate and I took the spare tire off. I lifted and my wife pulled from the inside. We had no sooner got him loaded when three guys came riding up on horses. Go figure. I put the spare back on and took him to camp just like this. We got a lot of looks as we drove by the other camps. Very cool. I've always loved the photo. Now all the old two tracks are closed and bulldozed. The hunting is even better.

Attachments

• Big Eagle  Nov 1 1980.jpg
    Big Eagle Nov 1 1980.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 65
Mine is of a fire we went to at Engine 5. I was on the nozzle and was getting ready to put my mask on and waiting for water when the door let go. I'm dropping back down a step to get my mask on to make the attack and the Capt. happened to have a disposable camera in his pocket and snapped the pic. I loved that station I was at at the time. Smallest area in the city but we were number 1 for working fires and shootings. It was very low income area. The stations nickname is called Fort Apache due to al the activity over the years. Hence my screen name. I got promoted out but still run with that house a good bit on ladder 4. That pic is also still in the dayroom of the station so I will always be a part of that house.

Its actually a picture of a picture.

Last edited:

RoJo

WKR
Mine is from a game cam photo from a while back, at an AZ G&F guzzler in the desert:

2007-03-05-011.jpg

And then a couple days later:

2007-03-07-010.jpg

Sodbuster

WKR
Yurt between Hovd and the Altai Mountains in Mongolia.
This was the only one I saw with a satellite dish.
I wish I had stopped to see what channels were available.

Mine is from a game cam photo from a while back, at an AZ G&F guzzler in the desert:

2007-03-05-011.jpg

And then a couple days later:

2007-03-07-010.jpg

That is some funny shit right there! It makes me wonder how many drinking holes I've drank out of that were pissed in prior to. Actually, I don't even want to think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elkyinzer

WKR
I was on a solo vision quest type winter backpacking trip. Exhausted, hungry, weary, slightly lost but in a good way. Came across the most beautiful, uniform bed of moss I have ever seen. Smoother than a perfectly manicured mlb field. My shadow was cast perfectly upon it so I took a picture.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mine is of a fire we went to at Engine 5. I was on the nozzle and was getting ready to put my mask on and waiting for water when the door let go. I'm dropping back down a step to get my mask on to make the attack and the Capt. happened to have a disposable camera in his pocket and snapped the pic. I loved that station I was at at the time. Smallest area in the city but we were number 1 for working fires and shootings. It was very low income area. The stations nickname is called Fort Apache due to al the activity over the years. Hence my screen name. I got promoted out but still run with that house a good bit on ladder 4. That pic is also still in the dayroom of the station so I will always be a part of that house.

Where do you work? Awesome photo!
44a2e5c13de17089b75fac0659901924.jpg

Us doing topside the other day.

MTHunter20

Lil-Rokslider
Mine is the best buck I've shot with my bow. He's not a monster either but it was one of the first ones my daughter got to see. She's in the picture with me and loved seeing my deer. Now she wants a bow for her 3rd birthday.

RoJo

WKR
That is some funny shit right there! It makes me wonder how many drinking holes I've drank out of that were pissed in prior to. Actually, I don't even want to think about it.

I imagine dog pee is the least of what is floating in that catchment water...algae, dead insects, all manner of organisms living and dead, seen and unseen.

And the UDA's seem to be drinking it untreated...

16Bore

WKR

Badass.

You guys get all the fun. And the gals it seems.....

I'm in NC. I am now the chauffeur on Ladder 4. Were in the downtown high rise district but our response area includes E5 still area. We still get a good bit of fire but the area is being "gentrified" a bit due to its proximity to the high rise business area.
Last year my truck ran 4200+ calls and the engine in our house ran 3800+.
How about you?