Rokslide Whatcom County WA Workout Group any Interest's?????

Hey guys and gals I am crawling out from under my Rock here and wanting to be more active with the hopefully better weather around the corner soon!

I am curious if we have enough members in the Whatcom and Skagit Counties of Washington on here that would be interested in doing to a once weekly trail hike back packs of course, mountain bike ride, or run with the abundance of places and areas within the Bellingham area we have! This could hopefully build into a several times a week thing....

This would follow a similar Format that Aron Snyder does with his workouts at Red Rocks.

Please post up your interest on this thread and lets get this thing Rolling!!!!

Last edited:

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you ever make it down south an hour or two, let me know!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

semperfidelis97

Lil-Rokslider
You might try Hunting Washington as well I think you may find a few more local guys over there.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

alecvg

Lil-Rokslider
I would if I still lived out there!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I am in whatcom county and would love something like this. I have been doing a lot on my own but as a group is always more fun! Let's get this started

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little off subject here BUT there sure is some nice wilderness and serious mountain terrain around Mt Baker and Shuksan. I need to get back up that way its been over a decade since I got in the outdoors up there.

I am not too far away in snohomish county. I could make it a time or two per month. I have kids and work schedule to plan around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

usandthem

FNG
If you're ever south of Olympia for a day let me know. If available (4 kids, a wife, a dog, a cat, weird work schedule, the whole catastrophe) I would love to hit some hills with a pack!

OP
Bearhunter
Looks like we are getting a few hits on this. I am thinking that 1 day after work next week for a quick workout to kick things off would be great. Lets let this brew threw the weekend and put something together for early next week!

slvrslngr

WKR
Sounds like fun! I'm over on Whidbey and would be interested in joining if the dates work out. Keep me in the loop!

OP
Bearhunter
I am glad I got some interest out of this thread! I started the same thread over on HuntWa last week as well. After we Spring forward on Sunday this will be much easier for everyone to get together after work and still have some daylight. I am heading to Cali Thursday for the weekend but was thinking maybe we could do a quick first workout this Wednesday weather permitting? Then start 1-2 days a week next week... Whats everyones thoughts? We have some great trails in the Bellingham urban area as well as in the county. I am off work at 5pm in Birchbay so just about anywhere after work works for me. Also do let the your out of shape get in the way because I am way out of shape and need to start somewhere! Lets do this!!!

I'm down, however, Wednesday nights are a no go for me. I can do pretty much do any other day. This weather is killing me so this will help get me outside. I'm getting tired of working out inside. Lots of trail on chuckanut for a quick workout. If this gets to be a regular thing, we could try something up higher when folks are off work?