very encouraging words from our new Secretary of Interior

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ryan Zinke announced his formal resignation as our sole House Representative and had this to say regarding public lands

“As your Congressman, I always looked to you for guidance and it was with your resounding support that I actively fought to keep our public lands public. I consistently bucked party leadership and voiced my opinions loud and clear in the House Committee on Natural Resources, and I voted at every turn to oppose the sale and transfer of our public lands. I assure you that I will continue fighting for our public lands as I serve Montana and the American people in the Department of the Interior."

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Really hoping he holds to this. Now if we could get transfer killed as a "political" issue here in the State......

Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
Well I guess in the end we'll just have to trespass and form a very large group of trespassers.

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree that was a misstep on his part, BUT he does have a record of opposing public land sales/transfers. He has bucked party leadership in the past on this issue, I'm sure much to their chagrin.

I'm certainly not advocating keeping our guard down, just that I thought it was encouraging that he put those words in writing.

JWP58

WKR
Trying to be positive in current times regarding public lands or politics in general will be met with resistance. It's almost pointless.

Blah blah blah "can't trust anyone" blah blah b.h.a. blah....

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We're gonna find out mucho pronto what this guy's claims are worth. If he's a bull crapper, he can kiss the back of my hand while public land owners are sitting by watching our lands vaporize.

The US is broke as a whole, and states all over the nation are gonna be getting a lot of land transferred from BLM within the next 15-20 years. Public land owners who hunt and fish will not recognize our wild country in 2 decades at this rate.

It makes me sick to my stomach to see what's happening to federal public lands and my future grand childrens' opportunities.

Alaska-specific, one region and one mountain range corridor...rape and pillage of public lands are about to open up like Mt. St. Helens.

http://www.poa.usace.army.mil/Porta...ukon River_PN_Mitigation Plan Sheets 1-28.pdf

https://www.doi.gov/sites/doi.gov/files/uploads/nwarac_winter2017_meeting_book.pdf

AMDIAP

BLM Alaska: Land Transfer

Alaska - Central Yukon FO - Central Yukon Resource Management Plan and Environmental Impact Statement

I could keep going but you're eyes would like mine!

I'm with Dot. I'll be armed with kill kit on federal public lands with or without bullshit politics giving me the green light. I'm gonna hunt until i am no longer breathing, with or without permission from those who don't or the money game states play with public land resources.

Adaptation will be our only hope soon.