Wolf Killer?

KClark

WKR
Screenshots are forever

28975f2bbfc182b79bdd6057e4955019.jpg

Looks to me like the dog closest to camera has a collar around it's neck.

Probably just smoked half the cast of the latest version of Disney's the incredible journey. Can't wait to see his version of a mountain lion.
As a bird dog runner this gives me the vapors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He said flat out he was confused by the black masks (and they were laying by his pack)... but he shot anyway

The fact that he removed them is telling in and of itself.

Exactly, no shame from him in those pictures posted by IdahoBeav, but obviously he has gotten a lot of shit for it or he wouldn't have taken them off his IG. Be 100% sure of what you're shooting at, or don't effin' shoot.

Tod osier

WKR
I loved the punched tag photo - wall hanger for sure.

As someone who has hunted with their dogs (large black lab and a dark yellow lab) all over the west, I've thought about it, but never been worried. I put an orange collar on during bear (black one) or wolf season (both) and just go with it, but.... amazing that someone could shoot a purebred breed that is instantly recognizable to breed from a long distance. Even dead they exude Shepard in their look.

I have a shepherd, and to me, and like Tod pointed out, they are the most recognizable breed IMO. Sounds like his shot wasn't hundreds of yards out either so he should have been able to ID them as such easily.

WKR
This is why my Malamute has to suffer months of wearing an orange vest every year. I wasn't ever THAT worried until that dip shit over in Missoula shot the dog on the trail. That one got my attention.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

2ski

WKR
The fact that the dogs were laying next to his pack says not feral to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

wawhitey

Lil-Rokslider
This reminds me of a news article from krem in spokane washington a year or two ago. It was about a guy who found a roadkill wolf near town. And theres a big ol picture of some dingus posing with what was clearly somebodys pet husky. I tried to google it and find the article but came up empty handed. Of course krem is the same news agency that posted a pic of a chocolate phase black bear on an article about grizzlies

Missoula man says wolf hunter shot, killed pet malamute | Local | missoulian.com

Reminds me of this story from a few years back. Probably comes close to happening more than we realize. I've got no issues with wolf hunting and would love to run across one with a tag in hand, but the "smoke a pack a day" mentality doesn't help things.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This is the fastest way to getting wolf hunting banned. People need to pay attention to what they are shooting.

SlimWhitman

Lil-Rokslider
I watched this unfold unfortunately. He even posts a close up of their face with his bow in the picture after he found out they were in fact dogs, and try's to turn it in to something to be proud about. All this talk about how "he owned it" so it's ok. The sad part was how many people stuck up for him. I don't care if you "own it" or not, stupid is still stupid. It's only a matter of time before those pictures start circulating around the anti-hunter pages. Worst PR for hunting I've seen in awhile. This Instagram famous crap is getting out of control.

kparrott

Lil-Rokslider
I watched this unfold unfortunately. He even posts a close up of their face with his bow in the picture after he found out they were in fact dogs, and try's to turn it in to something to be proud about. All this talk about how "he owned it" so it's ok. The sad part was how many people stuck up for him. I don't care if you "own it" or not, stupid is still stupid. It's only a matter of time before those pictures start circulating around the anti-hunter pages. Worst PR for hunting I've seen in awhile. This Instagram famous crap is getting out of control.

I unfollowed him on IG but I'm amazed there are people still supporting him and saying he did the right thing.

IdahoBeav

WKR
This is the fastest way to getting wolf hunting banned. People need to pay attention to what they are shooting.

My sister has a big (125 lb) all-black German Shepherd. Even if I did like that dog, if it were loose in an area where I was hunting, I and anyone else would mistake it for a wolf and shoot it.

People need to keep track of their pets.

But yeah, when the animal looks like something from an AKC poster, you shouldn't shoot.

Wapiti66

Lil-Rokslider
Hard to think they were feral.....when they laid down by his pack, and after he shot the first one the second stayed around to also be shot instead of hauling a$$ out of there. One smart dude.