I know they are a sponsor here, what do you think of the goHunt insider membership?

arri1942

Lil-Rokslider
Is it worth the $149 a year? It seems like it would have good information. Just wondering those who use it how your experience has been and if you would recommend it.

As a relatively new hunter and someone who is trying to plan for out of state hunting I think this is one of the most valuable tools I have. You could probably get the majority of this info by scouring every inch of the web or game and fish websites but having it all in front of you with the filtering ability this site has is sooooo nice. It has helped me decide which states I want to start applying for and which states I can do OTC hunts. I even use it for the state I live in. I'm a numbers and data guy so this site in my opinion is awesome! And I think it will only get better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just joined it a couple days ago and really like it so far, definitely is handy. I looked at it like it was only a hundred bucks after using the Rokslide promo code. With the amount of time it would take to go through all the game and fish sites to get the info they have would take a sh!t load of time and its just much easier to go to one site and get all the info you need right there.

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
I was in the same boat two weeks ago, trying to find value. For years I have used the Idaho F&G data to create my own spreadsheets. Very time consuming. Was not interested in putting that effort forward for other states.

The folks at Gohunt, spoke with on multiple occasions, were extremely helpful in pin pointing aspects of the program that would be beneficial to me. Really focused on where capabilities and functionality of the platform applied to what I wanted.

After a couple weeks I have grown to really appreciate the ease of the filtering 2.0. Mostly, the amount of time that has been eliminated on my part in searching for options. In a matter of minutes I know different odds across multiple areas and seasons. Since this is the first time I have considered playing the out-of-state this is a game changer for me. Still working on how to work out the draw odds which factor point creep.

Some of the data has been stale but when prompted by other users it is immediately addressed and fixed.

With the $50 rebate using the Elk101 discount I am very pleased. I think that only good things are coming from them. Cross my fingers, predictive odds.

sneaky

"DADDY"
They are also getting ready to release burn layers, and water locations for the units. That will save a ton of time as well.

Ive been a member since they came out... And... i think its worth it. If your like most of us and you obese over stuff then its a great tool. What is also great is they make great efforts to constantly update information and add features. The draw odds have been spot on for me so far, so no complaints there. Sometimes i just like looking at units to read the write ups and see the odds and so forth. To me $150 is minor to fuel my fire. I just drew a tag in Wyo i probably would have never looked at it if it wasnt for gohunt, no comment on the how it will be yet...

I will admit some of the write ups on the units are basic, so dont think your gonna read about some secret spot to go to, that dont exist. But as far as draw odds, types of terrain, draw odds and pics and so forth is very beneficial. Sometimes i just look up units in random areas to see if it would be a cool place to hunt. Plus, they have good customer service.

104TN

FNG
Ive been a member since they came out... And... i think its worth it. If your like most of us and you obese over stuff then its a great tool. What is also great is they make great efforts to constantly update information and add features. The draw odds have been spot on for me so far, so no complaints there. Sometimes i just like looking at units to read the write ups and see the odds and so forth. To me $150 is minor to fuel my fire. I just drew a tag in Wyo i probably would have never looked at it if it wasnt for gohunt, no comment on the how it will be yet...

I will admit some of the write ups on the units are basic, so dont think your gonna read about some secret spot to go to, that dont exist. But as far as draw odds, types of terrain, draw odds and pics and so forth is very beneficial. Sometimes i just look up units in random areas to see if it would be a cool place to hunt. Plus, they have good customer service.

Bit of a necro-post, but I'm curious. How did your hunt turn out? Was goHunt a factor?

Last edited:

oldgoat

WKR
I just joined it a couple days ago and really like it so far, definitely is handy. I looked at it like it was only a hundred bucks after using the Rokslide promo code. With the amount of time it would take to go through all the game and fish sites to get the info they have would take a sh!t load of time and its just much easier to go to one site and get all the info you need right there.
This is pretty much my feelings and they have decent sales in their store from time to time, i need to spend time on it though

It's essentially a hundred with the $50 credit to the store (if thats still offered and you have a gear buying problem like i do), and i can rest assured i never would have researched the wyo f and game website enough to locate and draw the tag i drew this year for goats. Well worth it in my case.

KBC

WKR
Is it a USA only thing or is there info on Canadian provinces as well?

Riles1050

Lil-Rokslider
If you’re hunting one state you can get by without it if you’re willing to spend time doing your own research and data gathering. Multiple states.. it’s a necessity.

People have been applying in multiple states for decades without GoHUNT. It definitely is helpful, though. I found about all the info I really needed during a 30-day free trial last year and currently don’t subscribe to it even though I apply in 6 states. But I’m an engineer and thus a data junky, so digging through all the states’ draw odds and filtering them myself is fun for me. To each their own.

HookUp

WKR
I purchased the membership wanting to branch out my knowledge of western states. Considering the price of gas and my time I feel like its a great deal. There is many units I knew nothing about but now I know at least a few things, have seen some pics and know what to expect. I took the $50 gear credit and have purchased a seek outside tipi, new bino harness and am eye balling some other things.
Shipping is very fast and my points are building up. I am really liking the front page articles, I will keep this membership rolling color me impressed.

WhiteOak

Lil-Rokslider
If you are only going to hunt in state or one state then no, do yourself a favor and research that states G&F information first hand. If you want to be able to easily check and compare all western states and weight options across states and species then it is pretty awesome and super convenient. I am looking to hunt out of state next year and this 30 day trial is great.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckaz34