Joe Rogan and Pot

WyoHnt300

Lil-Rokslider
In the interest of conversation and especially civility (no need to name call or propagandize) what are everyone's thoughts on his mix as a burgeoning public voice for hunting and his very open position on cannabis?

dotman

WKR
Agree could careless about a pot stance, concerned more with how he uses his reputation to promote hunting and public land in a good light. If he's a pot head that's not my concern.

In the interest of conversation and especially civility (no need to name call or propagandize) what are everyone's thoughts on his mix as a burgeoning public voice for hunting and his very open position on cannabis?

Where legal have at it. people make weed out to be the devil and I just don't see it.

I may not agree or like some of Joes stuff, but the enormous reach he has including non hunting people cannot be ignored.

I'm not sure entirely understand. Admittedly, I don't follow Joe Rogan's stuff outside his standup (which I love). Is he really a voice for hunting? Rogan is pretty openly progressive on a lot of hot topics (e.g., weed, religion, and science), so I'd be surprised that the more conservative hunting demographic would care much for him at all.

Marijuana is less harmful and considerably more beneficial than alcohol or tobacco. Despite this, it remains taboo to talk about in the hunting community. Guys think nothing of discussing beer, whiskey, and chew but some automatically assume that anyone who partakes in marijuana (medically or recreationally) is a dope smoking hippie. It's a good ole boy mentality holdover.

JPHuntingAUS

Lil-Rokslider
I think personally the idea that it's OK to help cure a sick person but detrimental to a healthy person is just ridiculous.

It's just been legalised medicinally in australia and is currently being used to treat kids with epilepsy but heaven forbid someone uses it to self medicate of for recreation.

I've always laughed at the irony and ignorance of people who smoke, drink or takes prescription medication but don't like drugs, especially drugs such as weed.

Having said that I don't like how people get high and get in fights at bars, go home and beat their wives and children etc. ...oh hang on that's alcohol 😂

elkyinzer

WKR
Good voice for hunting.

Good voice for legalization. Didn't realize cannabis was the boogeyman.

I've done some really, really stupid shit drunk in my college days and shortly thereafter. Never got in trouble but did some things that definitely could have.

Worst thing I've ever done after lighting up is eat a little too much junk food. No hangover, no stupid shit, no temptation to do hard drugs. Heck I even think more creatively, some of my best ideas come that way. Don't do it much anymore but I don't see having a couple tokes as any different than having a beer after work. I wish I was allowed to grow some in my garden.

I'm not sure entirely understand. Admittedly, I don't follow Joe Rogan's stuff outside his standup (which I love). Is he really a voice for hunting? Rogan is pretty openly progressive on a lot of hot topics (e.g., weed, religion, and science), so I'd be surprised that the more conservative hunting demographic would care much for him at all.

I think that's precisely why he is so valuable. His demographic is not the traditional hunter. While I would like him to be a little more tactful at times I would much rather have a non hunter speak to him then say Ted Nugent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IdahoElk

WKR
Smoke it up! I have way more shit to do than worry about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok,you're going in for surgery(lets say a vasectomy) and you notice as your going under a distinct smell of herb and glazed eyes on your doctor.
Do you have time to worry now?
Ha!

semperfidelis97

Lil-Rokslider
I personally could care less. I think the guy is one of the best interviewers I have heard. Joe Rogans interviews get me though long workouts, and I truly enjoy the time spent listening to them. For the record I have never done any drug, and I don't feel it's my business what he chooses to do as long as it doesn't endanger others.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Ok,you're going in for surgery(lets say a vasectomy) and you notice as your going under a distinct smell of herb and glazed eyes on your doctor.
Do you have time to worry now?
Ha!

I would worry way more about him being high on prescription drugs than weed! But lucky for me I'm already cut and I wish I was high when that happened:)