Joe Rogan and Pot

I don't use Pot (random test at work) but would agree it is magnitudes less harmful than alcohol yet there's a whole bunch of people who get hammered and look at pot like it's evil. Doesn't make a lick of sense. Jay Scott started on a political tangent on one of his podcasts recently and lost me acting like pod legalization is an indication of the downfall of our society..

Think I recall a friend asking me when the last time I heard of a dude high in weed beating up his wife...

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
I would worry way more about him being high on prescription drugs than weed! But lucky for me I'm already cut and I wish I was high when that happened:)

"Nothing like a shorn scrotum" - Dr. Evil

I know they doped me up pretty good before I got snipped... Enough about my balls, back to the original post.

As long as he isn't endangering anyone else why should I care. I drink alcohol and avoid getting drunk. I do that for personal reasons, which is why doing something to get high doesn't make sense to me personally. I see pot and alcohol as very similar things, where the overuse can cause problems.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't care what Joe's stance is on mj. Even if I did it would be overlooked as he can reach a huge demographic to support hunting.

Maybe it should be fiftey state legal and tax money funds public land? Just don't allow the consumption on public lands or some stoner will drop a joint and burn the forest down. Or s.a.r responding only to here " dude you got a lighter? and some cheetos? "

Truthfully it's not weed being legal you need to worry about, it's how your state handles it. I'm much happier knowing if my kids try it most likely it came from a legal dispensary not grown in the basement of a meth house. I've done it, several times it was laced with God knows what, that is scary.

For every study that shows MJ not harmful, I will show you a study that shows the opposite. Very similar to supplements, diets, etc.. At the end of the day, people are going to do what people do...so get after it ;-)

JWP58

WKR
I'd rather him high than drunk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not necessarily with today's weed. Go eat a couple of cookies or gummy bears. Hope for a good trip....and not a bad one. I have seen people at almost an excited delirium level from straight marijuana. I don't really care if it's legal or illegal. But it should be consumed in a controlled environment and nowhere near vehicles...

541hunter

WKR
I personally could care less. I personally do not partake and never have even though it is legal in Oregon. To throw another spin on this... in Oregon when you fill out paper work to buy a gun it asks if you use "illegal drugs" and since this is for a federal background check, technically the dealer should refuse sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not necessarily with today's weed. Go eat a couple of cookies or gummy bears. Hope for a good trip....and not a bad one. I have seen people at almost an excited delirium level from straight marijuana. I don't really care if it's legal or illegal. But it should be consumed in a controlled environment and nowhere near vehicles...

Yep. I have seen this too. Have gone on quite a few medical calls with people gorged out of their mind. I've heard people say Pot of today is 10 times more potent and powerful than pot from the back in the day.

Either way I don't really care. I don't use it and it Doesn't really affect me much other than a bunch of people moving to my state and making it crowded

JDeanP

Lil-Rokslider
Curious how the tone of some around here might change if Kifaru released a new "doobie express".

dotman

WKR
Ok,you're going in for surgery(lets say a vasectomy) and you notice as your going under a distinct smell of herb and glazed eyes on your doctor.
Do you have time to worry now?
Ha!

Ha, I just had this done and talk about a quick easy procedure but yeah I wouldn't want a drunk or high Dr cutting on my sack area. Pretty much a common sense thing :).

Pinewood

Lil-Rokslider
Really? Weed is still an issue for people? It's harmless. I would much prefer my children use Marijuana rather than alcohol.

Sam's dad

Lil-Rokslider
I admittedly don't know and don't care what Joe Rogan says about marijuana.

Over half of our country's states- and Washington DC- have legalized cannibis in some form. I live in Oregon and we have legal recreational and medical marijuana. I'm glad to see our police activity focused on illicit drugs that significantly harm our community, like meth and heroin.

Either way I don't really care. I don't use it and it Doesn't really affect me much other than a bunch of people moving to my state and making it crowded

Yeah, everyone else needs to get with it and make it legal. Make Colorado red again... The budget surplus and reduced crime make up for it. Also I guess you could consider the increased ER visits by out of staters tripping on edibles a source of tourism income too.

In the interest of conversation and especially civility (no need to name call or propagandize) what are everyone's thoughts on his mix as a burgeoning public voice for hunting and his very open position on cannabis?
In response to this original post, my thought are 1. I agree with his stance on both accounts, and 2. I don't think that these two issues have anything to do with each other. I'm quite sure that Joe Rogan has many other opinions related to many other topics, which may or may not have anything to do with hunting and or marijuana. I don't see how these two opinions have anything to do with each other, other than they both happen to be Joe Rogan's opinions on two different subjects.

cocky84

WKR
Im totally agree with Joe.

I also think he is the single biggest spokesman for hunting, in a wierd way. You got guys doing more than him, like Randy Newberg, but most of the people Randy is reaching out to are already hunters. Rogan gets over 30 million downloads a month and im betting 3/4 of those are from non hunters. Then you have very intelligent people like Rinella and Remi Warren on there to educate these people about hunting.

idcuda

WKR
Remember, he wasn't a hunter. He'll accept input, though, and Rinella, Hanes, and some others persuaded him to try hunting, if I remember correctly. Now he's a great ambassador. He likes to listen to all sides then make up his own mind. He's a clear enough thinker (even with all the dope - ha!) to understand the importance of public land.

If you care about your health, listen to his podcasts with Rhonda Patrick and Gary Taubes. They'll make you drop the cupcake and run to the produce section.