Joe Rogan and Pot

16Bore

WKR
Check his attitude on the Meat Eater Episode where he's on Durans farm. If your family has ever owned large acreage and allowed people to hunt, it's a good way not to get invited back. Then his whine turkey hunting. And he can take his sidekick with him.

Could care less. Silly that people still clutch their pearls over the thought of legalized MJ. As with most things considered vices, all things in moderation.

BuckSnort

WKR
Smoked a little of it when I was younger... If I were still smoking it there's NO WAY I could pack enough food into the backcountry....

I like that he is a voice and hitting a different demographic than the guys that have been in the mix and hunting forever.
I don't care if he or anyone else smokes as long as they are safe and not endangering other humans.

OP
WyoHnt300

WyoHnt300

Lil-Rokslider
I like that he is a voice and hitting a different demographic than the guys that have been in the mix and hunting forever.
I don't care if he or anyone else smokes as long as they are safe and not endangering other humans.

Just finished the book that shares your screen name.

D_Eightch

WKR
Check his attitude on the Meat Eater Episode where he's on Durans farm. If your family has ever owned large acreage and allowed people to hunt, it's a good way not to get invited back. Then his whine turkey hunting. And he can take his sidekick with him.

I somewhat agree with you. He elaborated on one of his podcasts as to why he doesn't like bird hunting. He is an extremely busy guy, the amount of time he had to invest into going out Turkey hunting wasn't worth it to him. (or something along those lines)...I would have to watch the episode with them on Durans farm to know what you're talking about there.

He would rather line up something with a bigger return, which i can respect.

The guy is an Archery nut, and great voice for hunting in my opinion. The fact that he likes pot doesn't weigh on my opinion of him as a hunter. He has a great platform to promote both, or anything that he wishes. So more power to him.

16Bore

WKR
You and most of the dudes here have probably forgotten more about hunting than he'll ever know. Don't be fooled into thinking because he's wrapped in MMA, comedy, and a podcast that he's anything "special". Strip away all that and he's Joe Average. Most might turn their noses up to a fella like that.

Somebody, somewhere, has done more than all of us put together and could care less what anyone thinks of him or his gear.

Just a thought.....

Russp17

WKR
You and most of the dudes here have probably forgotten more about hunting than he'll ever know. Don't be fooled into thinking because he's wrapped in MMA, comedy, and a podcast that he's anything "special". Strip away all that and he's Joe Average. Most might turn their noses up to a fella like that.

Somebody, somewhere, has done more than all of us put together and could care less what anyone thinks of him or his gear.

Just a thought.....

I agree he is an average joe, but with his comedy, and MMA it reaches a wider audience then this average joe. That is why it is great to have somebody on board who is such a public land advocate. It will reach a much wider audience than this average joe.

cocky84

WKR

Just a thought.....

Strip away his 30 million+ downloads a month of ppl listening to him advocate hunting and he is just an average Joe. Yeah he doesnt know as much as alot of ppl who have been hunting all there life but he knows more about hunting than most people who are listening to him.

charvey9

WKR

Just a thought.....

This made me laugh. So, you are saying if you strip away everything someone has worked hard to accomplish, they are just an average Joe? Isn't that the truth with anyone?

That's like saying if you take away the talent, physical ability, superbowl rings, MVP trophies, and a supermodel wife Tom Brady is just another guy.

I think Joe's perspective is valuable. Not having the opportunity or interest to hunt growing up, he is getting into as an adult. I don't hold that against him. Growing up the way I did, and around so many people who hunted, it is something you take for granted until you spend time with someone who was not raised around that lifestyle. In fact, Joe was very interested in everything we did and why we did it while bear hunting. He was just trying to learn as much as he could about hunting, and from what I can tell he still is.

I don't agree with everything he says, but he brings an interesting conversation to the table that helps promote hunting to a new crowd. Even if those people may never actually go hunting, it will give them some perspective the next time they go to vote or weigh in on an anti hunting, trapping, or fishing agenda.

16Bore

WKR
Reckon it depends on what you think he's promoting. He's more internet educated than anything and joined the "club" for the same reason people join his "club".

The "need to belong" runs deep.

dvm_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
His business, not mine. And he's a shit excuse for a "hunter"

Did you not get that pony you wanted growing up or did the Easter bunny leave a turd in your basket instead of candy?? You're more soured on life than a gallon of milk 90days past the expiration date. Every time I've read one of your responses it's generally some sour ass words about somebody more famous than yourself. I treat a lot of horses, if you send me your address I can probably get you that damn pony if it'll make you feel better.

Loco4dux

WKR
Lol @16Bore ..... WTF man?

Joe's great, give absolutely zero shits that he smokes weed.

I've never heard of anyone in rehab over weed and I'm against tax dollars paying for rehab at all, so this not really an applicable argument.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
From what I understand, the marijuana that is currently being grown is so potent, it's not safe to even take one hit. Take even one toke and you're hooked, until they find you dead in a gutter, having just sold your ass for a lousy one hitter, packed with the chronic. :)