Joe Rogan and Pot

Billinsd

WKR
In relation to my actions I am surprised as well. Woke up many mornings wondering what the hell happened, where I was and how I got there. That never happened while high.

I find the resistance to weed interesting considering so many people against it have no real experience with it. They only know the anti marijuana propaganda. In my experience weed does not ruin lives. I know a lot of great people that smoke. Anti marijuana laws ruin lives.

I find it just as offensive to the hunting lifestyle when I see trophy pics with a can of Budweiser.
Either you don't know many people who smoke weed or don't really know them, I'm guessing, or your experiences are wildly different than mine. Most of the people I know that smoke weed regularly, are addicted to it and it negatively affects their lives, from a small degree to ruining their lives. And for many it was a gateway drug to worse drugs. To me it is sad to see young people do it, because it seems to make them lazy and unmotivated. Alcohol probably ruins more lives than pot and I lean very libertarian on most issues and don't think the government should regulate what people can do or not. However as a society I think we should frown on excessive bad behavior. I'm no Saint!! No one is sqeeky clean, perfect, but I think we can and should pick better role models.

Last edited:

Burnsie

Lil-Rokslider
I've come to the conclusion that MJ must be a miracle. It apparently can help with just about any medical
malady there is. I believe my state lists almost 40 different conditions that are approved for medical
marajuana, with probably 3 or 4 new ones added each year. Who'd a thought? - the medical community spends
millions/billions a year looking for medical cures and all anyone really needs to do is smoke dope.

I've come to the conclusion that MJ must be a miracle. It apparently can help with just about any medical
malady there is. I believe my state lists almost 40 different conditions that are approved for medical
marajuana, with probably 3 or 4 new ones added each year. Who'd a thought? - the medical community spends
millions/billions a year looking for medical cures and all anyone really needs to do is smoke dope.

Your ignorance is showing. It's not the THC that is medicinal, it is the CBD's. One does not "smoke dope" to get the benefit of the CBD, actually smoking gets you very little CBD. CBD's can be extracted from the marijuana without any THC so as the user does not get "high" from the use of it. The delivery process can be in the form of oil drops or edibles, i.e. Candy, muffins, cookies, chocolates. My father is a cancer survivor and the use of CBD's helps with the pain from his operation as well as helping him sleep due to his treatments of cancer and the surgery. He doesn't get "high" from his marijuana treatment due to it having zero THC in it. 40 is also a low number as several studies have proven that the use of CBD's have several medicinal purposes for a variety of illnesses.
It's good to see the educated responses in this thread, it is also concerning to see the head in the sand responses as well.

Your ignorance is showing. It's not the THC that is medicinal, it is the CBD's. One does not "smoke dope" to get the benefit of the CBD, actually smoking gets you very little CBD. CBD's can be extracted from the marijuana without any THC so as the user does not get "high" from the use of it. The delivery process can be in the form of oil drops or edibles, i.e. Candy, muffins, cookies, chocolates. My father is a cancer survivor and the use of CBD's helps with the pain from his operation as well as helping him sleep due to his treatments of cancer and the surgery. He doesn't get "high" from his marijuana treatment due to it having zero THC in it. 40 is also a low number as several studies have proven that the use of CBD's have several medicinal purposes for a variety of illnesses.
It's good to see the educated responses in this thread, it is also concerning to see the head in the sand responses as well.

I tapped "likes" for this post, but only because there is no "love" icon to tap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
Either you don't know many people who smoke weed or don't really know them, I'm guessing, or your experiences are wildly different than mine. Most of the people I know that smoke weed regularly, are addicted to it and it negatively affects their lives, from a small degree to ruining their lives. And for many it was a gateway drug to worse drugs. To me it is sad to see young people do it, because it seems to make them lazy and unmotivated. Alcohol probably ruins more lives than pot and I lean very libertarian on most issues and don't think the government should regulate what people can do or not. However as a society I think we should frown on excessive bad behavior. I'm no Saint!! No one is sqeeky clean, perfect, but I think we can and should pick better role models.

But in all honesty haven't you seen the same with what alcohol does to people or do you not know anyone that is addicted to drink?

Smoking pot and cursing doesn't make Joe a bad person. There's plenty square, judgemental, never say an errant word types I'd have much less faith in being decent humans.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Smoking pot and cursing doesn't make Joe a bad person. There's plenty square, judgemental, never say an errant word types I'd have much less faith in being decent humans.

Never trust anyone who doesn't cuss! :)

Reactions: lif

Billinsd

WKR
But in all honesty haven't you seen the same with what alcohol does to people or do you not know anyone that is addicted to drink?
Yes, alcohol seems to cause much worse problems than pot and I know lots of alcoholics. Alcohol caused so much havoc it was outlawed by Constitutional Amendement, which was repealed about 12 years later. Lots of Southern States, had, have alcohol regulations. So what? Two wrongs don't make a right. I tell my kids that all the time. Just because America has a booze problem isn't justication to legalize more drugs, just the opposite to me. I really think legalizing pot will encourage more use and we will have a huge pot problem like we do with booze, 2 big problems and then some folks will be pushing for more. If you would like America to be like Amsterdam, more there or at least change the laws here. I agree, though, pot and drug use should not be a big crime, give people tickets.

Here's some things related to pot. This just happened last night in our district. Huge pot grow in our district. The people were extracting hash oil and had an explosion and 3 people got bad burns. Luckily we stopped it and Fire didn't spread up a hill and burn other areas.

Attachments

• IMG_7132.jpg
    IMG_7132.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_7127.jpg
    IMG_7127.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_7134.jpg
    IMG_7134.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 63
Several studies in Colorado, where pot has been legal for rec. use for 4 years, have shown the exact opposite, esp. in minors.

This isn't a challenge...just an honest question: Can you quote or link to the studies and tell us who conducted them or sponsored them?

Burnsie

Lil-Rokslider

So then why don't they they just promote the CBD aspect of marijuana and have doctors prescribe the oil drops and edibles without the THC, and that's only what is available to patients, especially when children are involved. Instead they set up these bogus dispenseries where they have a dozen different varieties of pot all listed under their street slang names and their different smoking qualities promoted. If someone is truely looking for the medical benefits of pot (CBD) then why would they be concerned about having Hindu Kush, Purple Haze, Skywalker....etc available at the dispensery. I am a total supporter of medical marijuana for ligitimate medical conditions, but many of the dispenseries have become a farse, where anyone who can find a Dr. sympathic to the maijuana movement can get a script for their hangnail, stress, sinuses....etc. Making acceptance for people who can really benifit from it harder to come by.

tater

WKR
Some things to ponder: 1.To meet the diagnostic criteria for addiction, tolerance and withdrawal symptoms must be present. Withdrawal may manifest physiologically and/or psychologically.
2. There has only been one noted society that has not used a substance to alter reality in some form, and that is the Inuit people (reason: nothing psychoactive grows there, and it is too cold to ferment). It is a human drive to seek relief from the day to day. The fact is that we now have substance use without cultural relevance. If a First Nations person pre-contact was to see how tobaco was used, or other psychoactives they would be aghast. People have no cultural context or rules for use.
3. There are no valid longitudinal studies on the effects of cannabis use over long duration (this is a side effect of prohibition and the war on drugs). The result is that people on either end of the spectrum (heavy pro/heavy anti) have NO RELEVANT LONG TERM DATA.
4. The "Gateway Drug Theory" has been disproven time and again as having no relative basis in good science, whereas the D.A.R.E. Program has either done harm or been useless (over 40 statistical analysis).
5. Substance use/misuse is a public health issue, not a morality or policing issue.

kicker338

WKR
just finished reading a vietnam battle book, the author spoke frankly about drugs and alcohol on the battle lines .he stated he would rather go into combat with someone who was high on maryjane than a drunk,
where did the word "assassin" come from.? not from a guy sitting in a stand over a trail waiting to whack something in rut.
seems like maryjane and bowhunting go hand in hand,so i would rather have somebody high than drunk in the forest anytime.
what about natives?
or i could tell you about when i had cancer....
fun thread!

Never read any book about Vietnam, didn't need to, spent a 16 months there in the army, I wouldn't want to go into a fire fight with either one a drunk or a pothead.

kicker338

WKR
Where legal have at it. people make weed out to be the devil and I just don't see it.

I may not agree or like some of Joes stuff, but the enormous reach he has including non hunting people cannot be ignored.

How,s the pot business these days there in old Humboldt county?? I was born and raised there 50yrs. Left in 1999 came here to Nth. Id pretty much lost track of the pot capital of Ca. LOL. Almost forgot to mention born in Humboldt Co. town of Scotia, never lived further than 40mi. from it. Was living in Fortuna when me and the wife and kids left for Id. Never messed with pot but sure did know a lot of growers there.

Here's some things related to pot. This just happened last night in our district. Huge pot grow in our district. The people were extracting hash oil and had an explosion and 3 people got bad burns. Luckily we stopped it and Fire didn't spread up a hill and burn other areas.

Justin I am going to assume this was an illegal operation. Which I assume that residents was not zoned, nor permitted to be doing that activity. So no safety inspections, no building code inspections, no ohsa, and probably no one qualified to be using volatile substances.

I don't blame pot for that, I blame unlawful citizens. Extraction in closed loop systems happen everyday in this country for related and non related pot activities.

How,s the pot business these days there in old Humboldt county?? I was born and raised there 50yrs. Left in 1999 came here to Nth. Id pretty much lost track of the pot capital of Ca. LOL. Almost forgot to mention born in Humboldt Co. town of Scotia, never lived further than 40mi. from it. Was living in Fortuna when me and the wife and kids left for Id. Never messed with pot but sure did know a lot of growers there.

Booming would be an understatement. Jurisdictions are making strides to not only cash in tax wise but also place restrictions on the activities themselves.
Hopefully enough people are willing to step into the light to elicit a change in the culture here. In 6 months we had over 2500 applications for operations to become legal. With this comes accountability of the product, the waste discharge involved, environmental impacts, taxes and numerous other things.
I realize the lure of illegal activities and the money that comes with them will never keep everyone from doing it that way. But I hope the majority becoming legal entities will be to the benefit of all parties.

Billinsd

WKR
So then why don't they they just promote the CBD aspect of marijuana and have doctors prescribe the oil drops and edibles without the THC, and that's only what is available to patients, especially when children are involved. Instead they set up these bogus dispenseries where they have a dozen different varieties of pot all listed under their street slang names and their different smoking qualities promoted. If someone is truely looking for the medical benefits of pot (CBD) then why would they be concerned about having Hindu Kush, Purple Haze, Skywalker....etc available at the dispensery. I am a total supporter of medical marijuana for ligitimate medical conditions, but many of the dispenseries have become a farse, where anyone who can find a Dr. sympathic to the maijuana movement can get a script for their hangnail, stress, sinuses....etc. Making acceptance for people who can really benifit from it harder to come by.
The proponents of legalizing pot for medicinal purposes stept on patience to get their own pot. Competent Doctor's do not prescribe pot for patients for medicinal purposes, they do it for empathetic reasons for suffering patients that are dying. Of course medical pot is a farce. It sure is in California.

The proponents of legalizing pot for medicinal purposes stept on patience to get their own pot. Competent Doctor's do not prescribe pot for patients for medicinal purposes, they do it for empathetic reasons for suffering patients that are dying. Of course medical pot is a farce. It sure is in California.

I'm going to assume you live in California, and know dozens of "competent" doctors, here, or are a doctor in California yourself to make such wide sweeping characterizations.

Is the system abused? No doubt.

Doctors prescribe it for all types of shit they probably shouldn't. But you could open any RX identifying book point to a pill and say the same.