Joe Rogan and Pot

Smart.

I'm not against marijuana per se, because I don't believe anyone has completed THE DEFINITIVE scientific study yet. Might turn out to be really good at healing certain things. I don't know.

But, I don't like marijuana culture. I've seen more than ten stoned 5-8 year-old kids show up at the same elementary school my boys attend (a top 8% school in Colorado). I live on the western slope and that is what the marijuana culture is doing to some of our mountain communities.

I'm not calling BS on this, but if true someone needs to intervene. Child services, the police, school officials, someone.

I've unfortunately been around A LOT of people that smoke and enjoy that culture. I find it distasteful, and an utter waste of time to be honest kinda how I view guys who like alcohol way more then they should, but no matter how dyed in the wool stoner they are they wouldn't let their kids partake. Almost every single one I know treats it like they do alcohol, so obviously 5-8 year olds are not using. I live in arguably the center of marijuana culture in the US, and I would be SHOCKED if I ever saw something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not calling BS on this, but if true someone needs to intervene. Child services, the police, school officials, someone.

I've unfortunately been around A LOT of people that smoke and enjoy that culture. I find it distasteful, and an utter waste of time to be honest kinda how I view guys who like alcohol way more then they should, but no matter how dyed in the wool stoner they are they wouldn't let their kids partake. Almost every single one I know treats it like they do alcohol, so obviously 5-8 year olds are not using. I live in arguably the center of marijuana culture in the US, and I would be SHOCKED if I ever saw something like that.

Do you volunteer at your local school ever week? My wife does and sits on two committees. I have lunch with my kids at least once a week and help as a volunteer during test time each week. Benefit of being self-employed.

A number of parents at local schools are growers, and I don't mean they grow for personal use. Further, they don't have to let their children "partake" for the kids to get high enough to have absolutely no concentration (I didn't say the kids did partake, just that they were stoned). School principals here occasionally have to quietly call parents to come pickup their kids. t's not Denver. Nobody freaks out either way. It's mostly kept on the low down. In the same way that fathers who hunt are tolerated when they pick up their kids with elk blood on their pants.

It's just different out here. Call BS or don't all you like, but don't try to tell me hippy dippy culture is outstanding in any way.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
From what I see every day in Colorado from driving to interacting with people, I'm convinced that just about EVERYONE is on some form of dope. Society has degraded to the point that someone could associate as an animal, and no one would hardly even notice. Intellect and the ability to reason used to be what distinguished us from the animals.

Do you volunteer at your local school ever week? My wife does and sits on two committees. I have lunch with my kids at least once a week and help as a volunteer during test time each week. Benefit of being self-employed.

A number of parents at local schools are growers, and I don't mean they grow for personal use. Further, they don't have to let their children "partake" for the kids to get high enough to have absolutely no concentration (I didn't say the kids did partake, just that they were stoned). School principals here occasionally have to quietly call parents to come pickup their kids. t's not Denver. Nobody freaks out either way. It's mostly kept on the low down. In the same way that fathers who hunt are tolerated when they pick up their kids with elk blood on their pants.

It's just different out here. Call BS or don't all you like, but don't try to tell me hippy dippy culture is outstanding in any way.

I don't, as I don't interact with kids that young other then friends who have kids(and they don't smoke). Kids I do deal with(middle school, highschool) are all athletes so I assume they are motivated to not do them, but again I couldn't be sure.

Guys who hunt and let their kids hunt is a lot different then peoples kids being under the influence of an illegal substance. If they didn't actually use it or eat it the amount of second hand contact they would need would be A LOT, which again to me would be an issue that would deserve attention from someone, not just a call to the parents.

All I was saying is I'm surprised and disheartened that goes un-noted by anyone. Wasn't trying to glorify the culture(as I find it distasteful at best), my apologies if you took it that way.

Last edited:

Whisky

WKR

Some say I lack culture. Well if what you describe is culture I'm better off in my cocoon away from the hippies. Cuz I'd sure bitch slap the shit out of the parents of those stoned kids. Good god what is wrong with people nowadays.

I don't give a shit about any science or positive benefits of weed, or how much "better" it is then alcohol. I will never be for the RECREATIONAL legalization of another drug, never. We have enough idiots in the world and enough stuff to make us act eve more idiotic.

IdahoElk

WKR
From what I see every day in Colorado from driving to interacting with people, I'm convinced that just about EVERYONE is on some form of dope. Society has degraded to the point that someone could associate as an animal, and no one would hardly even notice. Intellect and the ability to reason used to be what distinguished us from the animals.

What I don't get is why does everyone doing drugs, drinking and smoking feel the need to escape reality? after all that's what this is used for.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
What I don't get is why does everyone doing drugs, drinking and smoking feel the need to escape reality? after all that's what this is used for.

At this point.......the rest of us need an escape from reality because reality has become pretty messed up.

At times I wonder if any of these kids even have parents or are raised by wolves or something. Honestly....the wolves would probably do a better job from what we're seeing these days. We see girls walking to school wearing nothing but shorts pulled up their *** and a half shirt, on a day when it's 20 degrees. What parent lets their kids do this even on a warm day......or any day?

There's a boy in one of the local schools here that has hot pink hair down to the middle of his back, large hoop ear rings, and other face piercings. Child protective services is called in if you even think about spanking your child.......but these people can absolutely ruin their kids and generations beyond, and CPS actually supports that.

Yep, the entire country has gone to pot.........figuratively and literally.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Eventually they have to return to reality, realize it still sucks and go escape again. Seems like a sad sad cycle. Might be a better approach to make reality a decent place to stay?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

tipsntails7,

I think we're on the same sheet of music. Here's another cautionary tale for parents: I have three boys and my oldest graduated high school last year. He was an all-state athlete, captain of the team, sang in concert choir, dated a girl who modeled for Wilhelmina, and earned his Eagle Scout. He ran around with a group of students from traditional families. I never guessed that he was exposed to drug use at his school.

Right before he left for college we did a father-son backpacking trip together. On the second day he started telling me how "designer" drugs (my terminology, not his) were widely available at his school at fairly inexpensive prices. I learned how most of his acquaintances, including nice kids on the student counsel were using. When he saw how blown away I was, he started telling me about everything else that parents don't know about . . . . .

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
In Colorado Springs, black tar heroin is a major problem...........in some of the middle schools. SMH.

With everything that has changed and that is going on these days.......and then the experts, and school administrators wonder why teenage suicide is so prevalent.

Marijuana is less harmful and considerably more beneficial than alcohol or tobacco. Despite this, it remains taboo to talk about in the hunting community. Guys think nothing of discussing beer, whiskey, and chew but some automatically assume that anyone who partakes in marijuana (medically or recreationally) is a dope smoking hippie. It's a good ole boy mentality holdover.

Completely agree!

KurtR

WKR
At this point.......the rest of us need an escape from reality because reality has become pretty messed up.

At times I wonder if any of these kids even have parents or are raised by wolves or something. Honestly....the wolves would probably do a better job from what we're seeing these days. We see girls walking to school wearing nothing but shorts pulled up their *** and a half shirt, on a day when it's 20 degrees. What parent lets their kids do this even on a warm day......or any day?

There's a boy in one of the local schools here that has hot pink hair down to the middle of his back, large hoop ear rings, and other face piercings. Child protective services is called in if you even think about spanking your child.......but these people can absolutely ruin their kids and generations beyond, and CPS actually supports that.

Yep, the entire country has gone to pot.........figuratively and literally.

Having a wife that works for CPS here they want to do more but hands are tied by laws and regulations might be different in Co. Living next to the reservation the amount of bull shit she puts up is way beyond what i could handle. Just seeing some of the pictures of what people do to kids i would be in jail for vigilante justice.

MThuntr

WKR
Joe Rogan is surprisingly well read and his position on public lands is a great thing that reaches thousands of non-hunters. I'm much more concerned about over-prescribed opioides than weed and where it's legal the tax increases seem to be helping

OP
WyoHnt300

WyoHnt300

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone else see the irony in the fact that arguments for/against most any controversial topic use anecdotal evidence to support their argument, however, require sterile/clinical evidence from the opposition to justify their side of an argument? If an anecdote works to dispute it should hold equal value as a defense.
I appreciate the responses on this thread and was aware, before posting, that a hyperbole free discussion was improbable at best, however, with differing opinions a certainty most of the discussion has remained pretty dang civil.

Odell

Lil-Rokslider
Your ignorance is showing. It's not the THC that is medicinal, it is the CBD's. One does not "smoke dope" to get the benefit of the CBD, actually smoking gets you very little CBD. CBD's can be extracted from the marijuana without any THC so as the user does not get "high" from the use of it. The delivery process can be in the form of oil drops or edibles, i.e. Candy, muffins, cookies, chocolates. My father is a cancer survivor and the use of CBD's helps with the pain from his operation as well as helping him sleep due to his treatments of cancer and the surgery. He doesn't get "high" from his marijuana treatment due to it having zero THC in it. 40 is also a low number as several studies have proven that the use of CBD's have several medicinal purposes for a variety of illnesses.
It's good to see the educated responses in this thread, it is also concerning to see the head in the sand responses as well.

Correct, but then isn't it suspicious that almost everyone wants to smoke it for its "medical properties"?

Odell

Lil-Rokslider
Justin I am going to assume this was an illegal operation. Which I assume that residents was not zoned, nor permitted to be doing that activity. So no safety inspections, no building code inspections, no ohsa, and probably no one qualified to be using volatile substances.

I don't blame pot for that, I blame unlawful citizens. Extraction in closed loop systems happen everyday in this country for related and non related pot activities.

And yet many people on this thread blame anti-drug laws for ruining lives. Do we pick and choose which personal choices we are held accountable for?

I'd like to see some long term studies regarding the effects of marijuana on youth. In my experience, people advocating for legalization of marijuana conveniently gloss over the effects it may have on young people. To date, all I've read is that pot is quite possibly bad for the development of adolescent brains. Science has to answer some questions before I'm going to sign up for pot.

I don't care what people do in their own homes, but the hippy culture pushing this on all of us is, to my thinking . . . offensive. A year ago hippies tried to put pot on the local ballot again. They failed. I wanted to know more about the subject so I did some research, talked to the city, went to council meetings, and eventually spoke out against the ballot initiative at those community meetings.

What I learned is that most of the active supporters of the ballot initiative talked about the great "health benefits" or benefits for terminally ill and sick people. I have no doubt some of that is true. What I also learned from the town clerk and county records was that most of those same people had properties where they intended to grow a lot of pot and make a lot of money.

Sure it's only my personal, anecdotal experience. But I don't want drugs pushed on me or my community until science has had the last word.

Heh

Trial153

WKR
I can care less if Joe Rogan smokes pot or advocates for its legality.
Above all I am pragmatic, and with that I think legalization will be a net positive.

Kilboars

WKR
Pothead, foul mouth, anger issues? Sounds like a great role model to me. It's not my business if adults smoke pot a little or in excess, are alcoholics, womanizers, and/or have a lot of issues, it's their life, but role models? I think o'l Ted, womanizer, provacatour, broke the barriers on our spokesmen going off the rails. I guess morality and common decenty aren't too important if at all anymore. I never would have belived I'd be reading this on a hardcore hunting site 5 years ago. Remember when us hunters, consetvative, Republican, gun enthusiasts held the high ground? Not so much any more. The times sure have changed. Bummer!!!

True, one of the things I liked about hunters is that they were mostly God fearing Republicans looking out for whats best for the nation and not just for themselves.