Joe Rogan and Pot

In the context of this thread...Joe Rogan's stances on pro-marijuana use, pro-legalization and pro-hunting...perhaps we should look at other cultures and countries which have completely legalized marijuana and/or have a more liberal approach to overall use of mind-altering substances in their populations. I'm not even sure what countries these might be, but it seems logical to evaluate whether those having a greater tolerance to drug use and less laws against it...are viewed as better societies and more progressive in comparison to other countries. And while we're at it....what's the hunting culture like in societies and countries which have very liberal drug laws? Gun ownership issues? Other things not examined?

Poser

WKR
On a lighter note, since moving to CO, I entertain myself by not yielding to hippies. If I'm walking down the middle of the side walk and there is a hippie walking in the other direction, I don't yield any of the side walk, instead make them step out of the way, which they do without fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So a few kids getting high and "laughing more than normal" in a state where it is still illegal is an example of what will come with good regulations and education of children and public on its use? If you treat it like something terrible and unspeakable kids will always want to get their hands on it.

Colorado's Teen Marijuana Usage Dips after Legalization - Scientific American

kicker338

WKR
Interesting how things are rationalized on the thread, don't see anything wrong with it, booze is worse, if it feels right, it must be ok. So who is the judge of all of this, ourselves?? What about the child molester who sees nothing wrong with what he does?? Say he's wrong, doesn't he have the same right to justify what he does??? Guys you better be careful about what you think is right or wrong.

So a few kids getting high and "laughing more than normal" in a state where it is still illegal is an example of what will come with good regulations and education of children and public on its use? If you treat it like something terrible and unspeakable kids will always want to get their hands on it.

By that justification we should legalize murder and everything else in an effort to drop crime rates? There has to be a line, I'm not saying it should or shouldn't be pot but simply saying we should make it legal so it won't be appealing to youth isn't rational thinking.....

By that justification we should legalize murder and everything else in an effort to drop crime rates? There has to be a line, I'm not saying it should or shouldn't be pot but simply saying we should make it legal so it won't be appealing to youth isn't rational thinking.....

I cited a statistical drop in teen use after legalization. Also colorado teen use is below the national average. Its not about rational thinking, facts are not concerned with how you or I feel or think about it.

And yet many people on this thread blame anti-drug laws for ruining lives. Do we pick and choose which personal choices we are held accountable for?

No we shouldn't. People are not held accountable for their actions nearly enough as it is.

I cited a statistical drop in teen use after legalization. Also colorado teen use is below the national average. Its not about rational thinking, facts are not concerned with how you or I feel or think about it.

You cited a stat not a fact... a fact would be that "teens in Colorado aren't using pot as a direct result of it's legalization" which you, i or the article can't definitively say. Clearly (at the end of it) there's some discretion and disagreement.

None of this changes the point that simply legalizing something in hopes to make it less attractive isn't really smart.... with your theory you could apply it to any crime. rape, murder, tax evasion, insider trading, jay walking, violent or non-violent alike.... doesn't matter. There still needs to be a line drawn in the sand somewhere.... again I'm not arguing pro or against but with your argument where do you draw it?

Lots of strawman arguments popping up here. If MJ is so evil, by parallel we should make alcohol illegal too. Oh wait, we already did that.

Let's not get silly and start equating MJ use with child molestation. It's even more ridiculous to suggest we legalize murder in order to lower crime rates. Sorry, those two analogies aren't even in the ballpark.

IMO, there are much better uses of our criminal justice system than trying to keep a bogeyman out of our society.

It's even more ridiculous to suggest we legalize murder in order to lower crime rates. Sorry, those two analogies aren't even in the ballpark.

This just affirms my point..... thank you.

I think we all can agree this line of thinking or logic is completely asinine. Apply it to pot or anything worse.....

This just affirms my point..... thank you.

I think we all can agree this line of thinking or logic is completely asinine. Apply it to pot or anything worse.....

I cannot see a single person that states we should legalize it for the sole purpose of making it less cool.

People using Marijuana legally is not going to hurt me in the slightest, people running around raping and killing people probably would.

Last edited:
"If you treat it like something terrible and unspeakable kids will always want to get their hands on it"

Voila..... I see the difference, a big difference. I'm not even the moron that brought up child molestation. I'm a different moron. But you can't argue that we should make something okay just so kids "won't want to get their hands on it"

"If you treat it like something terrible and unspeakable kids will always want to get their hands on it"

Voila..... I see the difference, a big difference. I'm not even the moron that brought up child molestation. I'm a different moron. But you can't argue that we should make something okay just so kids "won't want to get their hands on it"
Your right, my apologies.

I still don't read that as it should be legal solely to make it less cool, but i get what your saying.

Kilboars

WKR
So we should start policing ethics? Is it ethically wrong to serve an obese person a Big Mac?

All I am saying is we should not be telling people what they can or cannot put into their bodies. Of coarse we are responsible for our actions and should face the consequences if we do something like drive under the influence.

NY outlaws large cokes.

That's just it. People do not take responsibility for their actions and then expect tax payers to foot the bill for their rehab

In the context of this thread...Joe Rogan's stances on pro-marijuana use, pro-legalization and pro-hunting...perhaps we should look at other cultures and countries which have completely legalized marijuana and/or have a more liberal approach to overall use of mind-altering substances in their populations. I'm not even sure what countries these might be, but it seems logical to evaluate whether those having a greater tolerance to drug use and less laws against it...are viewed as better societies and more progressive in comparison to other countries. And while we're at it....what's the hunting culture like in societies and countries which have very liberal drug laws? Gun ownership issues? Other things not examined?

It's funny, I was just thinking about The Decline of the West by Oswald Spengler.

If only the pharmaceutical companies had invented MJ the AMA and Congress would make sure it's in everyone medicine cabinet and school backpack. But alas they didn't so it's not. It's obviously in everyone's best interest to let doctors drug our neighbors and kids!

Just sayin-

I don't think that anybody here is advocating for the legalization of marijuana and minor consumption of it. I also don't think that legalization makes it any easier for minors to acquire. I can only speak from my own experiences growing up in Northern California. When I was in high school there in the early to mid '80s, marijuana, along with other illegal substances like cocaine, etc., was pretty easy to get, but acquiring alcohol was nowhere near as easy. Getting a bottle of booze or case of beer, required knowing someone that was of legal age and willing to break the law for you. Finding someone that was willing to do this was much harder than finding someone at school willing to sell you illicit drugs. Anyway, that was just what I experienced growing up.

OP
WyoHnt300

WyoHnt300

Lil-Rokslider
"Interesting how things are rationalized on the thread, don't see anything wrong with it, booze is worse, if it feels right, it must be ok. So who is the judge of all of this, ourselves?? What about the child molester who sees nothing wrong with what he does?? Say he's wrong, doesn't he have the same right to justify what he does??? Guys you better be careful about what you think is right or wrong."

kicker, you're equating the potential for an adult to make a choice (as do millions everyday with booze, pills, Big Macs, and soda) versus a pedophile infringing the rights of another (a minor in your example), careful with an apples to cow sh*t comparison.