Joe Rogan and Pot

toddb

Lil-Rokslider
My son rented his trailer in Oak creek colorado to a guy who moved from Ohio a few years back for 1 reason, the Marijuana laws. He had a medical card which he obtained for his anxiety issues. He told me at that time he had a guy who could get a card for my whole family for anxiety issues. He ended up with a greenhouse in the spare bedroom for his own plants. Broke the window for the excess heat to get out of the room. He also cut 2 ten inch holes in the drywall to have heat exhaust into other rooms. What a nightmare. Electric meter spinning like you were running a welder . I was worried about wiring as it was a 1978 trailer. Insurance company said I was fully covered except for his plants as insurance companies do not want to get bad mouthed in colorado. He said his company had a loss a week to fire from Marijuana grows in their house. I own a propane business in wisconsin and talked to propane owner in steamboat. He said can't find a young driver with a good record. He said they get caught with Marijuana while driving with to much in their system, or they get used to it and go to harder drugs, says it relaxes them to much so they drink to much and get caught or they run out of money for their habit and shoplifting and steal from Neighbors or roommates. I am just repeating what his problems were. Anyway his renter would sleep till noon get up and say it is a 6 joint day and roll 6 cigs and away he would go. Or how would you like to go to a house party , on a Wednesday at 2 in afternoon where there are 12 young males all plinking on guitars stoned to the gills. All on vacation at same time???????????or the time I paid the neighbor kids to drive to Granby to pick me up at train station. They were 2 hours late, said they got lost. They lived there all their lives and failed to find a town 45 miles away. They pick me up in a van with no back seat full of garbage clothes and newspapers plum full. Hardly any room for me much less 1 bag of luggage. 5 minutes into our adventure they ask if they can light up. I was reluctant but said okay. 5 miles later driver dropped his joint amongst all the garbage in vehicle. All 3 of us screaming and yelling on a mountain road with no damn guardrails trying to find it. That being said I narrowly survived my young drinking days lost some friends to drinking related crashes. My personal opinion is why give our youth one more option to struggle with?

Billinsd

WKR
I'm against the dumbing down of America. Let's make pot, alcohol and other dumbing down substances less attractive and encourage folks to abstain, or use moderatly? I'm for that!!

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
It's obviously in everyone's best interest to let doctors drug our neighbors and kids!

At least in your example, the dregs of society aren't descending upon every street corner begging for money for legalized pot. And they aren't setting up shanty towns of homelessville watching your neighbors getting prescription drugs.

Just because a doctor prescribes something, that doesn't mean you or your neighbor or your neighbor's kids have to take it.

kpk

WKR
I listened to one of his podcasts where he had Cam on and Joe said that if you're sitting at home getting high on your own time....who cares?? If someone is coming to work high on their employers time that's a different story and it's up to the employer then (or something like that).

I personally think getting high is far less dangerous than getting drunk. I've never known someone to go home and beat the snot out of their wife or kids because they were high.

kicker338

WKR
"If you treat it like something terrible and unspeakable kids will always want to get their hands on it"

Voila..... I see the difference, a big difference. I'm not even the moron that brought up child molestation. I'm a different moron. But you can't argue that we should make something okay just so kids "won't want to get their hands on it"

The child molestation was just an example of how people like to justify what they do or what they think is right or wrong an extreme example yes. Want a not so extreme example how about The terrorist's who firmly believe it's their purpose in life to cut your and my heads off?? I guess you were justified in your beliefs or mind to call me a moron. Anyways I'm done with this thread it's gotten too crazy for me, enjoy the discussion guy's none of you will win it either way.

The child molestation was just an example of how people like to justify what they do or what they think is right or wrong an extreme example yes. Want a not so extreme example how about The terrorist's who firmly believe it's their purpose in life to cut your and my heads off?? I guess you were justified in your beliefs or mind to call me a moron. Anyways I'm done with this thread it's gotten too crazy for me, enjoy the discussion guy's none of you will win it either way.

You keep using an example of someone violating another persons rights.

How does you having a beer legally in your home harm me? Now place joint in where beer is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JPHuntingAUS

Lil-Rokslider
Just to clarify for people stereotyping weed smokers as hippies. Of the guys I used to smoke with in college one is now a teacher, one in marketing, one a civil engineering, one a doctor and I work in government on water regulation. We're all professional people, we certainly weren't dummed down, in fact we had some of our most in depth conversations while doing it.
In fact I only know one guy that was useless to society after smoking pot. Having said that he was beforehand too. People who are lazy are going to be lazy regardless of what they smoke or do.

People here listing off side effects that are portrayed in the media yet never experienced by anyone I've ever met that's actually used it show their ignorance. Hearing people say it dumbs you down is as grinding in my ears as when a non hunter asks me "did you catch a deer?".

As for kids using it, legalize it and control it's distribution and you'll immediately see a decrease in use. You're not going to stop kids wanting to try, same as you won't stop them wanting to try beer and cigarettes, curiosity is one of the quirks to being human.

Education and control of distribution is where the answer lies for me, it's no different to alcohol.

You have the individual right to do whatever you want as long as it doesn't infringe on another individual's rights.
I consider mine violated when I have to pay for someone else's laziness or bad choices.

I am fascinated by this discussion. So many different people with different views a great cross section of the hunting community right here.
I keep imagining this discussion happening at one of our town meetings but....everyone politely waiting until the person before them finishes. Wouldn't that be amazing!!

Oh...and someone should reach out to Joe and get him involved. Tweet or something?
I would like to have him chime in on this thread.
Maybe someone from the Meat Eater crew lurks on this forum?

Billinsd

WKR
Just to clarify for people stereotyping weed smokers as hippies. Of the guys I used to smoke with in college one is now a teacher, one in marketing, one a civil engineering, one a doctor and I work in government on water regulation. We're all professional people, we certainly weren't dummed down.
Of course not!!!!
in fact we had some of our most in depth conversations while doing it.
I'll just bet you did and you made me spit my drink on my computer screen!!
In fact I only know one guy that was useless to society after smoking pot. Having said that he was beforehand too.
So you know only one dumb guy who smokes pot and is still dumb?
People who are lazy are going to be lazy regardless of what they smoke or do..
Maybe people can become lazier or less lazy?
People here listing off side effects that are portrayed in the media yet never experienced by anyone I've ever met that's actually used it show their ignorance.
I see, so the negative effects of pot portrayed by the liberal media and others have never been experienced by anyone you have met? Hmmm, I see.
Hearing people say it dumbs you down is as grinding in my ears as when a non hunter asks me "did you catch a deer?".
I see.....hmmm
As for kids using it, legalize it and control it's distribution and you'll immediately see a decrease in use. You're not going to stop kids wanting to try, same as you won't stop them wanting to try beer and cigarettes, curiosity is one of the quirks to being human.
Sounds like you are saying "legalize pot and kids will not be as inclined to try it as if it was illegal?Education and control of distribution is where the answer lies for me, it's no different to alcohol.Do you write water regulations? Your grammar and logic could use a little help.

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
People here listing off side effects that are portrayed in the media yet never experienced by anyone I've ever met that's actually used it show their ignorance.

I have no idea what the media portrays........only what I observe first hand. I always find it funny when those that smoke it are the ones that always say it has no effect on their brain. Kind of like smokers that don't think they stink. LOL. Ok.....we'll play along and let them all keep their brains.

It's like when they were doing stories on the news after the legalization of medical marijuana, and they were continuing to try and justify it. Yet in 100% of the news clips all that were there to get medicinal pot were the potheads.......never did they show any normal person with medical needs getting it. And to top it off.......the guy behind the counter was spouting off the 69 different types of medicinal pot and his exact words were "So, what kind of high are you looking for"? Ya........medicinal.......OK.

Last edited:

Russp17

WKR
Of course you are if you say so!!!! I'll just bet you did and you made me spit on my computer screen.
Hmmm, I see.... What came first the pothead or the lazy bum. Where you high when you wrote that abominable those horrible run on sentences?

I sure hope you don't write any kind of water regulations, lol Your grammar and logic are pretty poor.

Isn't the kettle calling the pot black on this one... Reread your reply and the improper use of the English language and you might not be so quick to judge someones English skills...

Billinsd

WKR
Isn't the kettle calling the pot black on this one... Reread your reply and the improper use of the English language and you might not be so quick to judge someones English skills...
His logic and defense of his ideas is much worse than his grammar that is also and pretty poor. My grammar is not great and my logic is pretty good. What are English skills? There is grammar, logic, punctuation, spelling, sentence structure and some other things involved with writing something coherent.

Last edited:

Billinsd

WKR
I have no idea what the media portrays........only what I observe first hand. I always find it funny when those that smoke it are the ones that always say it has no effect on their brain. Kind of like smokers that don't think they stink. LOL. Ok.....we'll play along and let them all keep their brains.

It's like when they were doing stories on the news after the legalization of medical marijuana, and they were continuing to try and justify it. Yet in 100% of the news clips all that were there to get medicinal pot were the potheads.......never did they show any normal person with medical needs getting it. And to top it off.......the guy behind the counter was spouting off the 69 different types of medicinal pot and his exact words were "So, what kind of high are you looking for"? Ya........medicinal.......OK.
Who has ever heard an alcoholic say he is so tolerant to booze that he can drink a 12 pack and still drive safely? It's the same kind of logic.

Russp17

WKR
His grammar and logic were pretty poor. My grammar is not great and my logic is pretty good. What are English skills? There is grammar, logic, punctuation, spelling, sentence structure and some other things involved with writing something coherent.

Sorry if I made you grumpy and pissed off. It just rubs me the wrong way when people make fun of others for skills they are clearly lacking also.

JPHuntingAUS

Lil-Rokslider
Of course you are if you say so!!!! I'll just bet you did and you made me spit on my computer screen.
Hmmm, I see.... What came first the pothead or the lazy bum. Where you high when you wrote that abominable those horrible run on sentences?

I sure hope you don't write any kind of water regulations, lol Your grammar and logic are pretty poor.
That's what we call an ad hominem attack my friend, generally the choice of argument for someone who lacks the capacity of articulating a well rounded argument. Given your ignorant points of view I'd expect nothing else.

I consider forums to be a pretty informal space which don't require a professional syntax. Don't worry though, lots of people aren't capable of distinguishing the need for differing etiquette and language depending on the situation and social context.

For example, when I've met members of parliament I've spoken to them far differently than I have to people I've met at a mates place while watching the footy over a few beers.

Besides, you should try using Tapatalk on an S7, I've long since given up trying to get this auto correct to work for me!

Focus on the topic at hand if you have anything beneficial to add otherwise I suggest you keep your ill-informed opinions of someone's ability to perform their professional work to yourself.

Billinsd

WKR
For example, when I've met members of parliament I've spoken to them far differently than I have to people I've met at a mates place while watching the footy over a few beers.
Maybe I'm stoned? How did I get onto this thread about footy and parliament?