Joe Rogan and Pot

Billinsd

WKR
Once again the shallow minded cant make reasonable analogies. An individual smoking marijuana is nothing like an individual murdering, raping or harming another human.

Can we all agree that the use of marijuana is a personal choice that is not similar in any way to murdering or raping someone?
They are both personal choices, however, smoking pot does not directly hurt people and murdering and raping people are extreme examples. How about kids smoking pot where it is illegal for adults versus kids smoking cigarettes? Here in California I see more kids smoking cigarettes than pot.

Kilboars

WKR
They are both personal choices, however, smoking pot does not directly hurt people and murdering and raping people are extreme examples. How about kids smoking pot where it is illegal for adults versus kids smoking cigarettes? Here in California I see more kids smoking cigarettes than pot.

and I think these kids start smoking cigarettes because they want to emulate adults. So when the government and adults are saying it's ok to get stoned...

Billinsd

WKR
Granted I cant remember everything Ive read in the past 13 pages but has anyone here made an argument that it should be legal for minors?
Most in favor of it propose for strong regulations and education.
Lets face the fact that we are never going to get rid of Marijuana just like all the other drugs out there. What we can do is legalize and control how it gets into our society, tax the $hit out of it at the same time. Lowering the amount of "black market" marijuana available will make it tougher for underage kids to get.
If it's legal and available for adults, then kids would probably obtain it like they do cigarettes. Do under age kids smoke cigarettes? Seems like a bunch do. If cigarettes were outlawed for adults, but they were available on the black market would less kids smoke them? That seems to be the discussion.

If it's legal and available for adults, then kids would probably obtain it like they do cigarettes. Do under age kids smoke cigarettes? Seems like a bunch do. If cigarettes were outlawed for adults, but they were available on the black market would less kids smoke them? That seems to be the discussion.

I guess I live in a sheltered town with active families who seam to be involved with their children which probably makes a big difference in my perception of how kids are brought up. I cant remember the last time I saw a kid here smoking a cigarette that looked younger than 16ish.

Right, that is part of it.

While it has not been legal for a long enough time to see the real change down the road, in CO there has been basically not change (only small percentages that would be accepted as statistically insignificant) marijuana use has not changed in teens in Colorado.

Last edited:

Trial153

WKR
What I don't see from the illegal side is any solutions nor mitigations for the cost of illegality. What I mean by that is since the illegality obviously isn't a deterrent then we must enforce our laws and bare the associated costs. What exactly is our return on that enforcement? Not a damn thing. Furthermore if we don't enforce an illegal act then we are de facto sanctioning it and degrading the rule of law.
There is way more upside in legality.

Odell

Lil-Rokslider
While it has not been legal for a long enough time to see the real change down the road, in CO there has been basically not change (only small percentages that would be accepted as statistically significant) marijuana use has not changed in teens in Colorado.

Certainly a factor in that is how easy it was to get weed when it was illegal. Another downside is how many kids and pets have gotten significantly sick from eating their parents edibles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Certainly a factor in that is how easy it was to get weed when it was illegal. Another downside is how many kids and pets have gotten significantly sick from eating their parents edibles.

How many? Care to post some links in regards to number of incidents? Honestly curious. If so the parents would be charged with child endangerment.

Atta boy, knew you could do it. Interesting you linked that one when there are much more detailed study's that aren't newspapers. It is a issue that needs to be addressed with serious consequences for the adults. Thankfully it wasn't alcohol that wasn't ingested in quantity as the children could have died.

Odell

Lil-Rokslider
Atta boy, knew you could do it. Interesting you linked that one when there are much more detailed study's that aren't newspapers. It is a issue that needs to be addressed with serious consequences for the adults. Thankfully it wasn't alcohol that wasn't ingested in quantity as the children could have died.

Just googled and grabbed. Anyone interested should do their own research. Plenty of alcohol issues with minors as well. Edibles are a little unique as they can jack you up and they look like treats. I've not met a three year old that would drink my bourbon but they will crush some brownies if left out.

Just googled and grabbed. Anyone interested should do their own research. Plenty of alcohol issues with minors as well. Edibles are a little unique as they can jack you up and they look like treats. I've not met a three year old that would drink my bourbon but they will crush some brownies if left out.

This is absolutely an issue, and another one where adults need to be held responsible/accountable for their actions/inactions. Not too much unlike leaving loaded guns, prescription narcotics, poisons, etc., lying around, readily available/accessible to young children who don't necessarily know the difference between right and wrong when it comes to these adult types of situations. It's just one more thing that the parent, legal guardian, adult in charge/control needs to be responsible for, and if they are irresponsible, they need to be held accountable. Such are the responsibility's of living in a free country, or at least the additional responsibilities as our country starts exploring more/additional freedoms. God Bless America!

nflesher

Lil-Rokslider
After reading all 14 pages, I just wanna say I think making kids work in the hay fields after high school two-adays should be made illegal. Now that really sucked. That's all

JWP58

WKR
Im glad Colorado legalized weed. I love watching videos of morons blowing up their house trying to manufacture hash oil. Its pretty awesome, who wouldn't want to use copious amounts of butane to extract THC....well until the hot water heater lights up...lol

Weed lovers= Marijuana is natural and is medicine that will cure lepers
Weed haters= Marijuana is a horrific substance that will lead to hellacious anarchy

I think there is a tiny bit of truth to both sides. Should weed be a schedule 1 drug (no medicinal purpose)? Probably not, im sure it could be used like opium for pain and such. Will it lead to the end of life as we know it? Probably not. Will it lead to a not so great portion of society moving in to your community if you choose to legalize it recreationally? Probably.

Bottom line is, if you need to chemically alter your mind to have a good time maybe you should do some soul searching and look for "why" that is.

As someone who sees this crap on a daily basis (from both drunks and dopers) I can tell you neither alcohol or marijuana is a contributor to a healthy and successful life. I can also say its pretty rare not to find either weed or weed paraphernalia on someone that has either ice or heroine on them. Quite frankly its pretty rare not to find weed on turds doing turd type shit. I've never found it on someone wearing a suit and tie trying to go to work. Your experiences may be different.

Poobags do poobag type stuff, whether they drink, smoke, huff, snort, or bang....they'll get F'ed up some how. I don't know how anyone can stand the smell of weed, its horrific (and yes if you smoke, you stink...sorry)

Quite frankly its pretty rare not to find weed on turds doing turd type shit. I've never found it on someone wearing a suit and tie trying to go to work. Your experiences may be different.

Numerous valid points made from both sides of opinion. To touch on this one, how often do you find someone wearing a suit trying to go to work intoxicated with a bottle of whiskey in their suit? Is it alcohol's fault people stay up late drinking and perform poorly the next day at work? People try to blame weed for people's ambitions, memory, you name it, but I would bet good money if someone throws their life away to smoke weed all the time they would have found another way to throw their life away without weed too.

How did a thread about a comedian and weed end up so lame???