New Congressionional theft of public land bill today

I understand that there are small parcels of forest service and blm land that dont do much for anyone. Hard or impossible to access or of little value to the public.

I would like to see a bill that requires all money from the sale of these small parcels to be put toward acquiring better public lands or expanding current ones.

Trial153

WKR
Every freaking week it's another one. Anyone that thinks this is going away anytime so has their head up their ass.

dvm_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
so basically it makes it possible for them to sell "eligible" lands that are bordered by "private land holders" to be sold to that land holder. what a load of shit. I like how it doesn't define "small parcel of land". So, who gets to say what is small? It's left up to interpretation.

It's always Nevada or Utah that's causing issues it seems like.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
I thought it was up to 160 acres. Which that 160 acres could cut off even more for access.

dvm_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
(2) NUMBER OF PARCELS.—An adjacent landholder may only acquire one eligible Federal lands parcel under this section per year, except that, if the parcel is less than 160 acres in size, the adjacent landholder may acquire additional eligible Federal lands parcels during that year so long as the total acreage acquired does not exceed 160 acres unless a request for additional acreage is approved by the Director concerned or the Regional Forester concerned.

This only states that they have to get approval to purchase more than 160 acres per year from the Director or Regional Forester. Puts no limitation on the size of the parcel put up for sale. Nowhere is this defined as to what constitutes a "small parcel". So, if you grease the right hand there isn't a set limit of what you can purchase as long as the Director or Regional Forester says it's "cool".

The one thing I've learned about contracts or "laws" is it's not all about what it says, but what it DOESN'T say. Not defining what constitutes a "small parcel" leaves it open to interpretation. You leave that little tidbit out and any crook can circumvent the whole damn thing, because of "loop holes".

Last edited: