Vortex warranty and service

Ive had some Talons for a couple years. This week i hunted pigs for two days and on the second day i was seeing double through the Talons. I came home and called Vortex to see about the warranty. The Vortex rep immediately said send them back we will fix them.

I told her i have a pig hunt next week again on the 16th and then Turkey fires up the following week. So she says send them tomorrow 2 day , ill bump you up the work orders and have them back to you the day before your hunt guaranteed. No questions asked about how they got tweaked.

Im no Vortex honk , i own a variety of glass. The way the rep handled my case and basically took charge and said they'll be fixed you'll have them don't worry was off the hook. The customer service and the way the warranty works might keep me buying Vortex in the future. Ill update this thread on if the time frame was kept next week before i hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EdgeFan

FNG
I've had a couple vortex fail me and more than one friend had to use the warranty....when it comes to honour their warranty they are good no doubt about that....problem is I like a warranty on case something happens not when it will almost for sure....I don't knock them they have their place but I'm not buying anymore.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Ive had some Talons for a couple years. This week i hunted pigs for two days and on the second day i was seeing double through the Talons. I came home and called Vortex to see about the warranty. The Vortex rep immediately said send them back we will fix them.

I told her i have a pig hunt next week again on the 16th and then Turkey fires up the following week. So she says send them tomorrow 2 day , ill bump you up the work orders and have them back to you the day before your hunt guaranteed. No questions asked about how they got tweaked.

Im no Vortex honk , i own a variety of glass. The way the rep handled my case and basically took charge and said they'll be fixed you'll have them don't worry was off the hook. The customer service and the way the warranty works might keep me buying Vortex in the future. Ill update this thread on if the time frame was kept next week before i hunt

Vortex has always had great customer service...I had my ranger 1000 break and they replaced no problem

Vortex customer service is top notch.

I had a lightweight tripod break, which they fixed quickly for free, even though I bought it before their "VIP" warranty applied to tripods

A buddy dropped his diamondbacks from a tree stand and broke them. Totally his fault, and they still replaced them.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Never heard anything bad about their cs. The thought of when not if does concern me. I went ahead and bought vortex thinking it may ruin a hunt but whats worse, that or a bad warranty causing you to buy new again. For reference my tags are OTC or easy draw in my home state.

KurtR

WKR
only thing i have had break is my diamond back spotting scope a guy got in my pickup and sat on it snapping the eye piece off they fixed it. I now have a razor 85 ,diamond back binocs ,and a hslr i have ran hard and no failures had them all for over 4 years. The guys i run with have not had to send anything in.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
As long as people keep praising great customer service, they will not fix the quality control. It's intersting that everytime a Vortex thread comes up, litteraly every respondent knows about that great customer service...

This is isn't even really a knock on Vortex, they're a company and are in it to make make money. This is more a knock on users that find it acceptable to have multiple failures with a product because a company has a great marketing. It's ridiculous.

OP
Cant hit em
As long as people keep praising great customer service, they will not fix the quality control. It's intersting that everytime a Vortex thread comes up, litteraly every respondent knows about that great customer service...

This is isn't even really a knock on Vortex, they're a company and are in it to make make money. This is more a knock on users that find it acceptable to have multiple failures with a product because a company has a great marketing. It's ridiculous.

Im rough on my stuff , I've dropped them sat on them and bumped them hard countless times in the last 3years and no issues. The glass is still great on them And the fact that i know they stand behind their product regardless and i don't have to go buy new binos makes me appreciate and praise them. These are the only Vortex product i own so im not sure about quality issues, but in my case they've been durable and Im happy they are fixing them for free

I mentioned on another thread about my issues with my 12X50 binos I had from them.

I sent them back and they "Fixed" them and sent them back and they still sucked so I sent them back again and told them that the next time they sent me the same ones back I was going to test their warranties and chop them in half with my chop saw and send them back for repair.

They sent a brand new pair.

They have a good warranty and the price is good.

but that's as far as it goes I decided.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Im rough on my stuff , I've dropped them sat on them and bumped them hard countless times in the last 3years and no issues. The glass is still great on them And the fact that i know they stand behind their product regardless and i don't have to go buy new binos makes me appreciate and praise them. These are the only Vortex product i own so im not sure about quality issues, but in my case they've been durable and Im happy they are fixing them for free

Brother, you're free to use what ever makes you happy. If the use and performance of the binos is satisfactory to you, than you're good. I read it as- "I've put normal, to light use, on a pair of binos for 3 years and then broke". I do not consider bumps and drops to be "rough use". A pair of binos should be able to withstand being thrown across a parking lot.

Warrenties do no good when the product fails in the middle of a hunt. I've had binoculars have catastrophic failures on two back pack hunts over 30 hours from home. Both times the company had wonderful warranties.... that didn't help a bit. The funny thing is- having a stupid reliable and durable product, doesn't mean that they don't have good warranties- i.e. They're not mutually exclusive.

Warrenties do no good when the product fails in the middle of a hunt. I've had binoculars have catastrophic failures on two back pack hunts over 30 hours from home. Both times the company had wonderful warranties.... that didn't help a bit. The funny thing is- having a stupid reliable and durable product, doesn't mean that they don't have good warranties- i.e. They're not mutually exclusive.

I'm with you there. I've broken a fair pile of bino's and spotting scopes over the years. A fogged spotter in particular really put the damper on a sheep trip 2011. Warranty was great, and I got a "good deal" on the thing... but man, I was not a happy guy flying out from that trip.

My most recent binos are Conquest HD's partially because they were supposed to be fairly tough. Unfortunately Zeiss just put a new set of eye cups in the mail to me this morning. Not a critical failure but still fairly irritating. Have seen Swaros' with broken eye cups too, so more money doesn't automatically mean bomb proof for sure.

OP
Cant hit em
They fixed them and overnighted them back. It sucks i had to use the Warranty but nice to know that every statement they've made about the warranty is 100% fact , no questions asked. Im not saying Vortex is the greatest since sliced bread but only that the warranty is legit

2c744b9107479991ad39426d852a5dae.jpg