How much Vacation time do you get?

Bmcox86

WKR
30 days, but I don't always get a chance to use them. I currently have 53 on the books.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

7mag.

WKR
I work 4 10's, and I get 14 vacation days a year plus 2 floating holidays. I don't get much overtime, but I can comp it if I do. One of the main reasons I work for the government, certainty isn't for the pay.

2 weeks paid, but I can take unpaid days depending on my roadmaster/work load/reason. Think once i get 25yrs in I'll have 5 weeks paid. BNSF mow

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

topher89

WKR
Middle school teacher here, so I have a lot of time off in the summers. I get 10 days a year and can carry as many other as I want. Right now I have 25 saved. Seems like a lot but it is tough to get away from schools. Good subs are hard to find and it is a lot of work to get away. I usually use my time to make a lots of 3 and 4 day weekends. I have never taken more than 4 days off in a row

mtmuley

WKR
I get some paid time off, but I can elk hunt 20 minutes from my driveway. If I could talk the landowner across the road into permission, I could elk hunt FROM my driveway. Works out pretty good. mtmuley

cnelk

WKR
Construction Project Coordinator - 20+ yrs.

I'll get 184 vacation hrs this year [4 weeks & 3 days] and can roll over that amount

plus 3 float holidays, 1 personal

96hrs sick hrs per year, and have over 800 on the books

Planned Retirement is less than 2 years

WRO

WKR
23 days vacation plus 10 holidays.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Clarktar

WKR
21 days, plus 7 flex and 3 floating. I generally build up at least 2 weeks of comp time after summer as well. Pretty good company culture, as long as you have your shit dialed and are getting things done off time is very flexible.

Senior Field Biologist

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I work 12 hour rotating shifts. I get get 160 hours a year and can carry over 160 hours. I started this year with 243 hours on the books. With my shift, if I schedule it right, I can take off 13 days in a row and only use 48 hours of vacation.

This year I took off from 10/19 through 11/7 and used 120 hours.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

elkguide

WKR
I have the most miserable boss in the world........
(being self employed) and the jerk doesn't give me any paid time off.

This past fall, I hunted three weeks in Vermont, three weeks in Idaho and two weeks in New York but I didn't get paid for any of it.

Construction work, mostly painting and trim work but try to not have any big jobs lined up for September through middle December so I can come and go as I please without worrying about what my guys are doing without my oversite. Lucky to have great help. (except they like to hunt too and sometimes might not make it to work in the fall!)

wncbrewer

Lil-Rokslider
PTO isn't a thing in the craft beer world. I work four tens so I can take 1 day unpaid and hunt for four. Usually only get to hunt about 15 days, the rest I use seeing family back east.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheCougar

WKR
Military. 30 days, same as the other guy. The Friday-Monday game costing 4 days is something I am not willing to pay, so I usually take a Monday-Tuesday off rather than Friday&Monday. It's a lot of time I off, or at least I think it is. My real issue is that my wife gives me 21 days a year to burn however I want. It sounds like a lot, but that includes scouting and travel, so it usually ends up being about 15-16 actual days in the field.

aaron600rr

Lil-Rokslider
4 weeks paid. Fri-Sun off every week, 5paid sick days. Commercial driver

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

DEHusker

WKR
I am also amazed by the amount of time some guys spend gone away from home every year. My issue is not time off, it's the "pressure" I feel when I spend too much time away from my family (3 kids and a very sometimes understanding wife).

I can take as much time as I want away from my job as long as my work is done and my shifts are covered for the month. I usually am "gone" for about 15-21 days a year hunting. Any more than that and I'd be headed for divorce...LOL....However, starting next year my kids can and will hunt with me every chance they can so that'll help!!!

cnelk

WKR
My time afield may had something to do with my wife changing her name to 'Plaintiff' :)

Be careful what you use all that time for guys... :)
But it can be worth it!