How much Vacation time do you get?

WVTrooper

Lil-Rokslider
As of now, with my time in, 18 per year (1.5 a month), and depending on holidays I can get at least 12 more days, but there's a few restrictions as to when I can use those. I also can carryover a max of 60 vacation days at the end of a calendar year.

25 days plus normal bank holidays. Problem is I only get two weeks to use for hunting. The other three goes to family vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I accrue 11.5 hours a month which rounds out to about 3 weeks a year. Plus 4 paid holidays that we can bank as additional vacation hours or take as pay. Max accrual is 200 hours and I'm sitting at 77 hours in the books at this time.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
15 years in auto body/glass. 5 years at current employer. Major holidays off. 15 pto paid. Once thats gone Managments discretion for unpaid time off. Usually take 5 days consecutively in archery season, makes 9 days with the weekends. Another 5 for a family vacation. The other 5 for extended weekends. Down side is between june 1 to September 15 I can only use 5 days, consecutive or not :(. Up side for September is I can make a weekend trip for hunting if needed.

D_Eightch

WKR
156 hrs right now (I am pretty sure)
With a max accrual of 196...I will never hit my max. Not sure how some guys at work can go without taking any time off.

Plus all major holidays.

Last edited:

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
160 hours a year of PTO plus 10 holidays. Max carry over is 120 hours a year. I work for our local electric utility company.

hodgeman

WKR
Aerospace Project Manager
3 weeks paid, fair amount of flexibility to scheduling time off.
I spend about 1-2 weeks of vacation for hunting and flex the rest.

4 weeks paid vacation plus I work 7 on 7 off schedule. Gas Controller/Scheduler for a midstream gathering company. Lots of hunting time and also lots of family time. Just got back from a two week cruise to central America, so that is some more banked hunting time

TXCO

WKR
4 weeks pto with one more next year for my 10th year. I roll one week every year in case i get sick

I get 26 days plus we can build up to 960 hours of PTO, i think i had 36 days at the beginning of this year. But it is also our short term disability that has to be used before the company can kick in the long term disability so it's kind of a catch 22. Plus side you can retire 6 months early if nothing goes wrong. I'm at a small telecom co-op.

I get tons of PTO from annual, comp, excess and sick. But with all that time off comes good enough pay that I spend a fair bit of my time off working a second job. Can't complain though enjoy both jobs and still get quite a bit of hunting time.

elkyinzer

WKR
3 weeks. About 50/50 family and hunting. So years I go West leave me with pretty much zero vaca to use hunting at home. A lot of flexibility choosing hours most of the year, so I can do 10x4 or work odd hours most of the time which is nice during the fall.

Agree though, I look at what I do in comparison to other people and wonder how in the world they find time to get out so much.

SheepDogRob

Lil-Rokslider
Right now with 8 years with the PD, I get 17 days a year working 3 x 12's a week. Fortunate enough to put my overtime as comp time in the bank which I can use anytime.

I'm in education, so I get Zero vacation days. I do however get plenty of unpaid time off, but not exactly when I want it off.

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, my name is Ryan Avery and I get.....................well, I'm ALWAYS on vacation!:D:cool::D:cool:

Randy

If you lived in the Avery house, you would know that was far from the truth! Ryan was on vacay for 3 days this month. That was the first vacation he's taken since my mountain lion hunt. I normally have to yell at him to take a break because he is working 12+ hours a day, including weekends:/. It is not fun being the boss.

Salix

FNG
Professional Forester in BC.
Been with the same company for 16 years so 4 weeks each year but also got 3 bonus weeks to be used between years 15 and 20 (4 bonus weeks at 20 year anniversary). Take holidays for elk and goat but hunt moose every day I go to the field and the odd weekend day. Rest is spent with family.

AustinL911

Lil-Rokslider
I accrue about 125hr/yr. I work (3) 12s/week. I can roll over hours accrued to a max of 360. If I schedule it right, I can take off 15 days straight and only use 36hrs of time; work Sunday-Tuesday, take next week off, work Thursday-Saturday the following week.

I can also get 8 days in a row off without using any time.

Trauma ICU Charge Nurse