How much Vacation time do you get?

I see lots of guys fall hunting plans on here and am surprised/impressed by the amount of time in the field. I thought it would be interesting to see what your profession is, how much paid/unpaid vacation you get, and what percentage of this you spend on Hunting

I'll start:
Construction Project Manager
2 weeks paid, anything additional unpaid
About 50-75% I use for Hunting, the rest for Family.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
4 weeks vacation 2 floating holidays and 7 days of flex per year. Engineering team Supervisor.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
I get 0 paid days off... Downside of owning a business.

I'm a private contractor web dev/designer and own a car wash. My wife stays behind to take care of the wash while I'm gone.

DenRuyter

Lil-Rokslider
4 weeks paid, plus a fair bit of freedom to adjust my hours as wanted/needed and to work from home some. I can take more vacation if wanted as paid since I'm salary, but still have to work some as remote.
Manager for Field Services and Biomedical Electronics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mtnboy

WKR
No set amount for me. I usually end up taking 4-6 weeks off between hunting and family stuff.

Perks of working in a family business I guess.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

IdahoBeav

WKR
I just started a new job, but it'll be 1 week paid this year, 2 weeks next year, and goes up in increments before maxing at 4 weeks after 8 years of service.

Civil Engineer.

colersu22

WKR
I get 20 days a year PTO, 6 sick days and 10 paid holidays. I can accrue 420 hours of PTO before I stop getting it so I could save it and take almost 2 months off. This is the first job I have ever had that has paid holidays and PTO so its going to be nice to not lose out on pay to take time off to chase elk.

Cinch

Lil-Rokslider
4 weeks... But I work an 8/6 schedule... so I can take off 8 days and be gone for 20...

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
34 days a year after 26 yrs with same insurance employer in another 4 yrs will be 39 days a yr👍 Retired in 11yrs👊👊

21 days paid vacation.

However, as a fireman working a 3/4 schedule and averaging only 10 shifts per month I can take 3 shifts off and be gone 13 days in a row.

Hall256

WKR
30 days a year, plus any federal holidays...a bad thing about our leave days in the Marines is if you take vacation days over a weekend or holiday those days count against your 30 days. So if I want to take a Friday and Monday off for a hunting trip, then that is 4 days of vacation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

handwerk

WKR
All I want, but non of it's paid since I'm self employed, So I guess as per usual it comes down to how much I can afford, I keep pushing it for sure!

Small business owner so it costs me money when I'm gone.
51 days logged in 2016 for hunting/fishing.
Work hard to play hard.

kodiakfly

WKR
30 days a year, plus any federal holidays...a bad thing about our leave days in the Marines is if you take vacation days over a weekend or holiday those days count against your 30 days. So if I want to take a Friday and Monday off for a hunting trip, then that is 4 days of vacation.

Same for me in the CG.

Zero.

I'm a professor, people say "but you get summers off." Which isn't true--that's when we do field work.

I do have a teaching release this fall, so I'm looking forward to our elk "research"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk