TV personalities poaching WY Elk.

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
A lot of good points already made on this thread. Couple of dummy-o's.

I can only hope this punishment causes some trepidation for the next set of guys looking for 15 minutes of fame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dvm_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Fame and money will make people do despicable things. It doesn't go hand in hand with just television either.

rodney482

WKR
At least these guys had tags....unlike a famous hunter out of IOWA who got a slap on the wrist.

Ray

WKR
When these things get reported I like to search out additional reports to see the totality of the situation as there is too much "cut and paste" in on-line news today. Looked at another KY based news feed. Turns out one of them also confessed to poaching an antelope in 2013 which is probably why his fines were larger.

TripleJ

WKR
I'm really glad they got caught. They sound like some real world class dirt bags. Chasing fame and ego seldom, if ever, leads to anything good or worthwhile IMHO.

16Bore

WKR
Question is how many seeking Internet forum, YouTube, and bragging rights "fame" do the same kinda crap?

That stuff burns my biscuits.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Several years ago something similar happened when two guys filmed their kills inside a remote part of Yellowstone and then put it on TV. A retired Park Ranger saw it and recognized the area they killed them in and got an investigation started. Busted.

Some people don't realize just how identifiable most landscapes are. I've seen photos in hunting magazines of giant bulls and landscape shots and immediately know where the pictures were taken.

bourbon

Lil-Rokslider
As a Kentuckian, who lives about 30 miles from this town, I will speak for most and say .... Those idiots do not represent all of us. :mad:

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
As a Kentuckian, who lives about 30 miles from this town, I will speak for most and say .... Those idiots do not represent all of us. :mad:

I'm sure they don't represent Kentucky or most hunters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16Bore

WKR
He could describe and oil change and make it interesting. Needs to get back to books that tell stories instead of "how to's" IMHO.

What I find most interesting is his lack of drama with gear, yet SO much drama about gear everywhere else.

Mind over matter, matters more, but two things matter most: not much and very little.