Crazy thing at my folks house 2 days ago. There was cougar about 50 yards behind

arri1942

Lil-Rokslider
their back fence in a field in Southern Idaho. They only live about 3-4 miles out of town and are at least 40 minutes from the mountains. They are in a desert area. My Dad wasn't home as he was working and so my Mom called the Fish and Game and they came and put it down. Cougars are such pretty animals. My mom was grateful it didn't get their yorkie. I will be watching my little kids more next time we are at grandpa and grandmas.

cougar.jpg

ChrisC

Lil-Rokslider
don't live in an area where Cougars are. why did they put it down? far enough away from range and risk to humans? they dont move it back to mountains?

OP
arri1942

arri1942

Lil-Rokslider
don't live in an area where Cougars are. why did they put it down? far enough away from range and risk to humans? they dont move it back to mountains?

I think it has to do with risk to humans and domestic/farm animals. Not sure though. They never really said why to my mom. I would guess it has to do with being so close to town and the worry of human interaction and given how territorial they are probably figured it wouldn't leave.

IdahoElk

WKR
This is on my friends ranch in city limits.Pictures were taken and we left.

We found a Elk kill and decided to try and find him.
Can you tell it had been eating? Ha!

Those photos are awesome. He definitely hit the buffet a few times!

Always amazes me how ballsy those tracking dogs can be...

Gr8bawana

WKR
People like to see the "pretty" wild animals like mtn lions and coyotes until they start eating their pets.