Gauging interest in a new shooting bench

I have a friend who owns a company that makes aluminum seating. He designed and made a shooting bench to donate to a local banquet. I think he should make more but he is unsure of the demand.

My question to my fellow Rocksliders is would this be something that you would consider purchasing?

The design would be modified so that the bench could be shipped in sections that could be easily assembled by the purchaser. Retail would be around $300 plus shipping cost.

Let me know what you think and I will pass the info along.

6a0b14bc3d5c04cc94053a182fbaebec.jpg

6b73588fbb1ef574404b73debc20d675.jpg

4798fa20e0bf2c65178631e77aadb0f6.jpg

bbc26

Lil-Rokslider
I'd consider buying one if it could be broken down fairly simply for travel to my spot and still be sturdy when assembled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not good in rough country without leg leveling and height adjustment. Doubt it would sell very well.

I tend to shoot the way I hunt, prop off what I can or shoot prone. I have a lead sled that I'll occasionally set up but I wouldn't buy a dedicated shooting bench like that. It looks to be a good design and well constructed for dedicated shooting ranges, but like others have said not good for rougher country.

I'd find another place for $300

good comments in previous posts. There is a reason most real shooting benches are made of concrete or thick steel, something that light probably isn't very steady. I prefer to shoot prone on a roll up mat whenever possible anyway.

KurtR

WKR
prairie dogs hunters would love that thing out here it is flat so that is not a problem and the light weight would be an advantage for set up and take down

KJH

WKR
I'd take one right now, as-is, and modify the legs to adjust to the ground... maybe 2-3 inches of adjustment at each point. If you could adjust the legs it would be perfect.

OP
I
Thanks for the comments, I'll relay them to him. Looks like it might not be a good idea for a product.

92xj

WKR
Cut it in half, cut price on half and offer a right hand or left hand model. Drill holes in the ground angle, weld nut and run a piece of 10" all thread with a rubber stopper for adjustable/leveling feet.

dotman

WKR
Cut it in half, cut price on half and offer a right hand or left hand model. Drill holes in the ground angle, weld nut and run a piece of 10" all thread with a rubber stopper for adjustable/leveling feet.

Yup that would be a much better product offering.

Looks interesting and well executed.

I am pricing out building my own from lumber. I can put it one together from less than $100.

If you could solve the adjustment thing and focus on the idea that it is light and portable I think you are on to something.

KJH

WKR
For guy like me who will get it to the location I'll use it once and never move it, it's perfect. I'll level it up where it sits or pour a small concrete pad.