Any experience with Vulture HD 15x56s?

snopro176

WKR
I probably won't have the funds in time this year for a spotting scope so I'm thinking of going the 15x route. I like the bigger fov idea and think for 90% if the hunting I do, they'll be probably more justifiable than a spotter anyway. My main question i guess is, are they comparable to my viper 10x42s in terms of clarity? I love those for the most part and can live with spending the $350-450 if I know they're at least that level of image. I know it gets lots better but that's what I'm saving for a kowa for
Thanks in advance. And if you have any big bino advise, I'd love to hear it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I love mine. Great value for the money. You may see fractional differences with more expensive glass.

I may be weird, but I actually prefer my 15x56s more than my 10x42s even at medium distance. Also, the 15x56s are very versatile. If you don't have a spotting scope or don't want to carry one into the field, these can get the job done in most scenarios.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

WoodBow

WKR
A friend of mine has them and is happy with them. I have 15x56 kaibabs. I got super lucky and snagged them on another forum for $600! I think 15x56 is a very well rounded glass option.

A friend of mine has them and is happy with them. I have 15x56 kaibabs. I got super lucky and snagged them on another forum for $600! I think 15x56 is a very well rounded glass option.
That's a great deal! I got my vultures used on amazon for $417. They didn't appear to be used at all when I got them.

WoodBow

WKR
That's a great deal! I got my vultures used on amazon for $417. They didn't appear to be used at all when I got them.

Same here. They were mint. I think about 80% of quality glass owners hardly ever use it. Majority of stuff I see sell on this site is like new or used one time, never left house, etc. Blows my mind.

efnm

WKR
I LOVE LOVE LOVE 15x56s. I had Kaibabs then sold them when I saw a noticeable difference in the Meopta HDs that was worth the $250 jump. If you can save for Kaibabs, go for it, but at least try different binos out to make sure they fit your eye sockets well and are comfy.

OP
snopro176

snopro176

WKR
Awesome stuff to hear guys, thanks. Meopta keeps popping up in conversation lately, I'd love to look through some, they sound like possibly the most underrated brand in optics.

Felix40

WKR
The vultures are my only pair of binos. Im on a super tight budget so they get used for everything. Yes the kaibabs are better but Ive glassed side by side with woodbow a fair amount and never felt like I was at a disadvantage. I got mine for $300 off the classifieds here.

Yotekiller

Lil-Rokslider
I have hunted with the vulture 15x56 for 2 seasons. The clarity is fairly good. My only complaint is that I have a hard time keeping both eyes focused. The diopter adjustment doesn't stay put very well. Also, I need to focus them a lot when changing the distance I am looking (depth of field isn't as good as more expensive options). I find if I do not keep adjusting them often, or if they are not on a tripod I end up with a headache. The vultures have gotten the job done just fine, but I will be upgrading to a pair of swaros. Just a more enjoyable experience using them.

OP
snopro176

snopro176

WKR
I intend on these being used only on a tripod and my 10x42s for handheld scanning, pretty much because I can't afford a spotter right now. Do you guys find you don't even use a spotter when you have access to a 15x?

Yotekiller

Lil-Rokslider
It depends what and where I am hunting. I used the 15s and a spotter a lot when mule deer hunting last fall. I needed more magnification to count tines. The only thing I use a spotter for is seeing the detail on an animal to far away for the binos. The more I have used the 15s the more my 10x42s get left behind.

AKMAN

Lil-Rokslider
I've been thinking about the 15x56 Vultures for a while now. 48x isn't exactly required for moose hunting; especially this year carrying a bow instead of a 33/378... :D
Plan to tripod them and leave the spotter at home.

I sold my razor scope and bought vulture 15's. I dont have a ton of time behind them yet. They are much more enjoyable to look out of compared to the scope I know that. I can sit and glass much longer. I only plan to run them off a tripod. The cheaper vortex tripod mount that comes with the binos seems chincy to me, but with my outrdoorsman adapter I am really liking that set up. I can see there will be times that being able to zoom in much closer will be missed. The clarity doesn't seem extremely different to me but I am a novice. I also run viper HD 10x42 on my chest and I like them a lot. I dont feel like the vultures are far off. I paid $370 new for the binos on govx.com.

OP
snopro176

snopro176

WKR
I sold my razor scope and bought vulture 15's. I dont have a ton of time behind them yet. They are much more enjoyable to look out of compared to the scope I know that. I can sit and glass much longer. I only plan to run them off a tripod. The cheaper vortex tripod mount that comes with the binos seems chincy to me, but with my outrdoorsman adapter I am really liking that set up. I can see there will be times that being able to zoom in much closer will be missed. The clarity doesn't seem extremely different to me but I am a novice. I also run viper HD 10x42 on my chest and I like them a lot. I dont feel like the vultures are far off. I paid $370 new for the binos on govx.com.
Very good to hear, I'm hoping to go the same, outdoorsman mount on a tripod