Kifaru Tarp Repair

Jucket

FNG
Hi Everyone-

I cant imagine I am the first guy to do this so I figured i'd ask here.

Last elk season while setting up my kifaru paratarp, I honked down on one if the front guy lines for a tight stake out of the front entry. I heard a pop and realized that in monkeying around with it, the trekking pole tip has shifted out of its little reinforced cup and now under tension had popped through the tarp material right next to the peak. I was actually pretty amazed how much tension it took that sharp carbide tip to tear through. Certainly tough material.

Anyway the dime size hole sits right above my face as I sleep so I figure I need to get it repaired for next season.

Is this something you would send back to Kifaru for a proper repair? Or is there something easy but reliable that I can do at home to seal it up? Any advice would be great.

Thanks!
Brendan

I'd put a piece of gear repair tape on the inside and then Silnet the outside. That's how I repair a small hole in anything except I use Seamgrip.

I had a trek pole hole in my pack. I called frank and he sent me a R/A form and I shipped to them for repairs.

Or you could sew on a patch or tape it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jauwater

WKR
I torn almost the entire front side of a super tarp I purchased a while back. Ripped half way down both front seams, ripped up from the front tie off point up to the boot, and I got one rip on the right side perpendicular to the other rips. From the time I sent it out till the time I got it back was 8 weeks. Kifaru stitched it all back up no questions asked. While I was setting it up again for the first time It ripped again. Contacted, I believe Kevin, and again no questions asked they told me just to send it back it. Kifaru really does have great customer service.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jucket

FNG
Thanks, guys!

Sounds like I'll just send it back and have them repair it correctly. Will feel better knowing the experts took care of it rather than my own home remedy

Beendare

WKR
That tenacious tape REI sells will do the trick no problem.....I bet that all Kifaru would do.

Good stuff to pack with you when using a sil shelter