CO Hunter PINK!!!

dotman

WKR
For all of you that do not know which gender you identify with CO has made it easier for you, now Hunter Pink and Orange are an option. Pulled directly from the reg book for 2017.

HUNTER PINK AN ALTERNATIVE TO HUNTER ORANGE... It is now legal
for hunters to wear solid fluorescent pink clothing as an alternative to solid
daylight fluorescent orange garments. This law applies to those who take deer, elk,
pronghorn, moose or black bear with any firearm. Private Ranching for Wildlife
hunters hunting with archery equipment are not required to wear fluorescent
orange or pink, although they may wish to consider wearing it if concerned about
visibility to other hunters. Read the fact sheet at cpw.state.co.us/thingstodo/
Pages/Hunt.aspx

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I figure since anyone can associate as whatever they want anymore, and everyone else has to bend over backwards to accommodate them, this year I'm going to associate as a hunter that drew a special 20+ point unit. And I expect those game wardens to accommodate me on that.:D

I recall many years back listening to Paul Harvey and he mentioned Hot Pink was easier for the human eye to see than Hunter Orange was.

This was mentioned directly related to hunting.

In Wisconsin they pushed the hunter pink as a way to get women more involved in hunting and outdoor recreation. Hell all the big camo companies with women's lines use pink judiciously.

SWOHTR

WKR
Doesn't bother me so I don't care.

Will they start allowing fluorescent yellow too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlin59

WKR
I would like to see standard blaze orange side-by-side with blaze pink in the field, in varying conditions/distances/terrain. Since it is such an unnatural color (plenty of orange in the trees in October out East, where several other states have approved pink), I wonder if it could actually be more effective? I wonder how many guys would convert if it was demonstrable more visible (safe).

i use fluorescent pink vanes and i don't think anything stands out better in all seasons/terrains better.

oldgoat

WKR
I think they should of just changed the law to say a florescent color, any florescent color must be worn! There must be something to the florescent chartreuse color, that's about all you see on the road crews these days! I think any of them would be fine!

16Bore

WKR
Virginia did as well. Shrink it and pink it. Don't really mind it, my girls will be wanting new stuff now I'm sure. Now the woods will look like a bag of Skittles instead of a pumpkin patch.

The LGBT crowd is pushing for fluorescent rainbow camo. No problem. Plenty of woods to go around.

I guess one advantage of orange is you know immediately that it's a hunter your looking at as compared to neon yellow or something else.

I guess one advantage of orange is you know immediately that it's a hunter your looking at as compared to neon yellow or something else.

I don't see orange as an advantage. I see fluorescent anything on the mountain I know I am looking at a person and not an animal.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
My point was your obviously a hunter and not a hiker when your wearing orange.

And this is where the regulation falls short. I'm carrying a gun and a tag so I "need" hunter orange or pink on. But the non-hunting guy with me, that may even be carrying a decoy and making elk sounds doesn't. And all the day hikers and back packers could even be wearing light tan clothing and have antlers attached to their hats......but there is no requirement for them either.

I'm a bowhunter and I like the idea of ML and rifle hunters wearing orange, because then I can see them easily when I'm out hunting. But for me, I wear camo so that I'm harder to be seen by others. For the elk it's not that big of deal. But on the other hand, I'd prefer it if we were just all on our own responsibility out there and we wear whatever we want.

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
And this is where the regulation falls short. I'm carrying a gun and a tag so I "need" hunter orange or pink on. But the non-hunting guy with me, that may even be carrying a decoy and making elk sounds doesn't. And all the day hikers and back packers could even be wearing light tan clothing and have antlers attached to their hats......but there is no requirement for them either.

I'm a bowhunter and I like the idea of ML and rifle hunters wearing orange, because then I can see them easily when I'm out hunting. But for me, I wear camo so that I'm harder to be seen by others. For the elk it's not that big of deal. But on the other hand, I'd prefer it if we were just all on our own responsibility out there and we wear whatever we want.

wow thats crazy, around here they require (or is it recommend...hmmmm) that hikers wear orange too