Wind checker

stx.dead.I

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone know if there is any kind of electric smoking wind checker system? I have been noticing how well the smoke from those electronic cigarettes show wind and how visible the smoke is without scent.

I can't imagine that nobody has capitalized on that and made some kind of smoke emitting pen.

OP
S

stx.dead.I

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe even just using an ecig and leaving the little tobacco chamber empty?

I just use a puffer bottle, refil it with chalkline chalk from Lowes, super cheap. Or frayed dental floss tied to my quiver, it's always there

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
I collect milkweed pods, put them in a quart freezer bag and pound lightly until all brown seeds detach. Cut a small hole in corner and shake seeds in garbage so you don't unnaturally spread the plant. Put in a pouch, fil canister etc. these float forever and show changes and eddies in the wind 20,30, 40 yards out. Works great.

years ago when I could find fur tracers I would stick them to gun or bow to do the same thing. they came in hot pink, chartreuse etc with a peel off back. Just rip a little off and send into wind. Excellent also if you can find them.

dotman

WKR
Just take a pinch of them and toss them up? If I understand correctly they are just like little pellets?

They just hang in the air, I would say if they are like pellets they are microscopic. I swear they have a high resistance to gravity.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Wonder what that Cirrus thing weighs?

Seems kinda slick, but not sure powder in a bottle is in need of drastic improvement.

It seems like it would be heavier, need batteries and have a higher chance of failure than a bottle.

tracker12

WKR
Just go harvest some Milk Weed. Nothing better. Not only gives you wind direction it will also show thermals.