Question about points

Grundy53

WKR
This year I applied for the first time in Utah and Nevada. I also bought a point in Colorado. I've been building points in Wyoming but never actually applied for any hunts. From what I understand, I THINK all of those states you are not awarded a point until you are unsuccessful in the draw. Meaning you can't use the point acquired this year until next year's draw. Is this correct? I ask because my home state of Washington does it different. You get this year's point as soon as you apply. So this year's point is used this year. Are there any other states that do what Washington does?

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

NoWiser

WKR
That is correct for CO and WY. Since I don't like to see my odds decrease each year as I build points, I don't apply to Nevada and can't answer your question there.

ChukarUp

FNG
In Nevada you do not get the bonus point until the next year's draw. So you either have to be unsuccessful, or just apply for a point, and not pick hunt units. Either way, it goes toward the following year.

One important note though, you must buy a license when applying, to get points. If you chose not to buy a license now, or to only buy a license if successful, then you will not get any points, even if you buy a license later.