WTB ads

Is it just me, or are the WTB ads getting out of control. It seems like guys are just posting their shopping lists. My feed is full of them.

Does it make me too much of an ass if I start posting links to where they can buy the items they want?

Them: WTB Kifaru pack
Me: Hunting Packs

Them: WTB spotting scope
Me: Eagle Optics

Then: WTB badass bivy hunting gear for a first timer
Me: Cameron Hanes Beastmode Training DVD - Cameron Hanes

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think that does make you look like an ass just my opinion of course. Cannt you just turn your classified feed off if it bothers you

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

WoodBow

WKR
It doesn't bother me at all. I have had great luck finding what I am looking for by posting wtb ads. Just keep scrolling.

svivian

WKR
If the guys selling or wanting to by would just look before they posted it would cut it down significantly. Also popular items that go up for sale are hard to get if you aren't on here regularly.

charvey9

WKR
Yes. I think it is getting a little out of control. I wouldn't have a problem if it were a unique or obscure item that someone was occasionally looking for. However, when there are multiple adds on the first page of the classifieds trying to sell the exact item you are looking for.....you don't need to post a want ad. Just learn to use the search function and do a little research first.

It bugs me because I scan the classifieds pretty religiously looking for good deals or stuff I want to try.

CorbLand

WKR
To the Mods. I use to frequent another forum that had the Want to Sell and Want to Buy sections separate. It made it easier to work around as you could browse the WTB for items you are looking to sell and the WTS for items you want to buy.

elkyinzer

WKR
To the Mods. I use to frequent another forum that had the Want to Sell and Want to Buy sections separate. It made it easier to work around as you could browse the WTB for items you are looking to sell and the WTS for items you want to buy.

+1 Never understood why it isn't this way. There's already like 300 subforums to begin with, what's another one?

This is a good idea. I do like WTB's because I do end up selling things because of them.

MIKEYB

WKR
Off season problem. . . .This is probably the biggest time for buy/sell/trade of gear right before spring-summer kicks off and you start testing what you will use in the fall during scouting.

OP
freebird134
Off season problem. . . .This is probably the biggest time for buy/sell/trade of gear right before spring-summer kicks off and you start testing what you will use in the fall during scouting.

Hmmm.... now I want to graph the phenology of WTB ads

WTB ads don't bother me but I do think it's kinda silly to post one for an item that retails for like $20.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wtb adds are fine with me. I do like the idea of seperating wtb and wts.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Folks prefer to have everything lumped together and don't like the classified broken up. It was voted on awhile back, not this specific delineation but in general.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk