Moving to Idaho soon.. Questions?..

CorbLand

WKR
I did see a good amount of job postings for Boise and surrounding areas, but from my research Boise looks like a city surrounded by sage brush desert and not much in terms of mountains (maybe I'm wrong?). Coeur d'Alene was my third choice, and what set it behind was that it sounded like a lot harder winters than IF and Lewiston. Not that I mind snow, but sometimes that can make for a lot shorter hunting season depending on when it arrives. Glad to hear about a positive job outlook in the state though.

Boise sits in the middle of a sage brush desert but there is mountains within an hour and some change that are pretty nice. You also have some great fishing in that area. My brother lives in Boise and really likes it.

Boise would be the easy move. It has jobs, housing, retail and recreation near by. However, it is a city.

OP
D

dml1010

FNG
I think I'd rather live a little closer to the mountains and hunting than Boise, but it's a consideration if elsewhere doesn't work out. As much as I hate cities, I could always work there and live a little ways outside of it. That would be similar to my living situation now.

Greg Beck

WKR
We really like SW Idaho. I have no knowledge of opportunities for your line of work but the medical field has lots of opportunities. I love the diverse terrain! 30 minutes from my house I can be at 7'000', 8'000'. I live in rural community because I farm but about an hour from Boise. Used to commute to Boise. Was in the medical field. But obviously choose the area that provides ample opportunities for both of you and the area that you will enjoy the most!

pwsINC

WKR
Also if you are into guns and are looking to move to Lewiston I would look into career possibilities with Seekins Precision. I hear they are growing like crazy and are having a hard time finding machinists to run their CNC equipment
+1 to this idea.

Good luck! This is great idea. Especially while young. Make sure to get lifetime hunting license while you are there!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk