Trump Salary Donated

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
Trump donated his first quarter salary to the National Parks Service :cool:

SlimWhitman

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like it'll go specifically to historical battlefields. Still cool none the less.

Just needs some extra zeroes and specifically to public hunting land and we'll be on to something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmw194287

WKR
Makes for a nice headline... but he's donating $78k to the NPS while also proposing to cut the NPS budget by $360 million.

AKMAN

Lil-Rokslider
Makes for a nice headline... but he's donating $78k to the NPS while also proposing to cut the NPS budget by $360 million.

His dollars vs our dollars...

Unrelated side note, but the NPS in Alaska is not even close to a friend of hunters in our millions upon millions of acres of Preserve; maybe where you live they are.

But flying around in helicopters and landing at sheep hunters camps to harass them?? Seems like a budget cut is in order.

Looks like it'll go specifically to historical battlefields. Still cool none the less.

Just needs some extra zeroes and specifically to public hunting land and we'll be on to something

the proposed budget cuts $1,500,000,000 from the department of the interior. lots of zeros there.

SlimWhitman

Lil-Rokslider
Yea when I first saw that I was hoping for more to the story than what I read. Even donating his entire yearly salary is a drop in the bucket....

WyoHnt300

Lil-Rokslider
His 1st quarter salary donation equals roughly .000026% of the budget for federal lands in the state of WY only. Even for click bait this "gesture" is futile at best.

elkyinzer

WKR

Agreed. Imagine a government funding model sort of based on crowd sourcing, where we could choose the allocation of our tax dollars. I know I would much rather see my thousands and thousands of tax dollars go toward infrastructure improvements. I would be all for building a nationwide high speed rail system, rather than paying some loser's welfare.

OP
hflier

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
Wow, did not know this stuff. I would not think that folks here would have preferred Hillary instead.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow, did not know this stuff. I would not think that folks here would have preferred Hillary instead.
He isn't Hillary so it's ok to have smoke blown up your ass. It's ok you if you like it it's Republican smoke after all

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

lak2004

WKR
I would say it is not a preference for one over the other, but the ISSUES that matter.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would say it is not a preference for one over the other, but the ISSUES that matter.
I agree it's not about red or blue. Cannot be distracted by the lip service it's the actions at the end of the day that make the impacts.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

JWP58

WKR
If you don't cut budgets, you can't pay down debt. You can't take away $$$ from the welfare class so where should the budget cuts come from?

I know Barry and George were great at paying down the debt and cutting budgets......oh wait......nevermind

His dollars vs our dollars...

Unrelated side note, but the NPS in Alaska is not even close to a friend of hunters in our millions upon millions of acres of Preserve; maybe where you live they are.

But flying around in helicopters and landing at sheep hunters camps to harass them?? Seems like a budget cut is in order.

Beat me to it. NPS is not your friend.