Trump Salary Donated

dotman

WKR
What I find interesting is how many are not happy about the budget cuts, what percentage of these budgets is he cutting 50%, 25%, 5%? I'm sorry but government agencies have been very wasteful historically. Seems like gov agencies are inefficient and operate with a mentally corporations had back in the 90's or if ever.

No one is perfect but you can't tell me there isn't room for better management and use of resources instead of just spending because they have to use their budget up. I'd like to see improvements made with a reduced budget like we all have to do in our own finances and for the companies we work for.

To me it has felt like gov employees could careless about properly managing their resources to be used in the most effective manner. I say cut the budget and make the agencies accountable for how money is spent, this goes for all gov agencies.

If you don't cut budgets, you can't pay down debt. You can't take away $$$ from the welfare class so where should the budget cuts come from?

I know Barry and George were great at paying down the debt and cutting budgets......oh wait......nevermind

If he was cutting deficits and paying down debt, I would agree with you. He's not. He's just spending money in different places.

I see this as PR stunt and nothing more. Donated 75k? BFD. How much does it cost for his weekend and family getaways? I understand this is partly the cost of doing business, but he relentlessly criticized Barry for his golf time and costs. He will either intentionally or unintentionally make far more than 75k gains in his businesses through his presidency.

dotman

WKR
If he was cutting deficits and paying down debt, I would agree with you. He's not. He's just spending money in different places.

I'm all for cutting some budgets to put money back into area like defense/military. Haven't checked recently but as of last week our national debt actually did drop a hair but for once it didn't keep growing.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm all for cutting some budgets to put money back into area like defense/military. Haven't checked recently but as of last week our national debt actually did drop a hair but for once it didn't keep growing.
So there isn't room for cutting budgets in the defense sector? How about start with reappropriation of funds collected within defense dept itself?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
So there isn't room for cutting budgets in the defense sector? How about start with reappropriation of funds collected within defense dept itself?

Of course there is room for cleaning up waste as I said above in all agencies.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Defense is historically the biggest offender doesn't make much sense to give them more funds to mismanage regardless of where that money is from was my only point. This is a side tangent from the OP intention so I'm sorry

No offense Dot, but the defense budget is the MOST wasteful bloated budget in the entire thing. He literally proposed the cut of 58.6 billion of discretionary spending then turned around and shoved 52 of it right in the defense department. That's not cutting spending, that's just moving the same money around.

The amount of shit I've seen dumped, destroyed or left just so we didn't return with it as a hit against our spending is disgusting, yet they get their panties in a wad if your one mag short on turn in day.

You want to cut budgets that I care about go ahead, but actually use that money for something like paying down the debt that you parroted about your entire campaign, not more bullshit spending.

Don't bitch about government spending, or Obama golfing if your going to be just as bad, if not worse.

If I was a constituent of Palm Springs I'd be even hotter then anyone else in this country right now, he's been in office 100 days and he's already about to lead that county dry.

4.4 billion to veteran affairs, big thumbs up.
Leaving NASA alone, another big thumbs up.

3.7 billion cut from teacher training grants, after school and summer programs, yet funnel 400+ million to charter and private schools big thumbs DOWN.

I understand a lot of guys on here think most college educated people are liberal weenies, and some may be, but the dumbification (made up word) of our youth is not a good thing for this country.

I wonder if people on here have actually taken a look at some of the programs he wants to cut, it's not all fat he is trimming.

I think people are so glad Hilary didn't win that they are either delusional, blind or just don't care about what's happening.

I'm tired of the Hilary, Obama comparisons, if that's the bar we are setting for our president maybe we should aim a we bit higher no?

This doesn't mean that I think he is shit, and is all bad, but currently I do not believe he is doing a good job, and 80k donation to the NPS is not going to suddenly make me change that opinion. How about this? You keep that 80k and don't cut the interior budget by 1.5 billion...

On a completely unrelated note, the National Parks Service was not created to benefit hunters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
No offense Dot, but the defense budget is the MOST wasteful bloated budget in the entire thing. He literally proposed the cut of 58.6 billion of discretionary spending then turned around and shoved 52 of it right in the defense department. That's not cutting spending, that's just moving the same money around.

The amount of shit I've seen dumped, destroyed or left just so we didn't return with it as a hit against our spending is disgusting, yet they get their panties in a wad if your one mag short on turn in day.

You want to cut budgets that I care about go ahead, but actually use that money for something like paying down the debt that you parroted about your entire campaign, not more bullshit spending.

Don't bitch about government spending, or Obama golfing if your going to be just as bad, if not worse.

If I was a constituent of Palm Springs I'd be even hotter then anyone else in this country right now, he's been in office 100 days and he's already about to lead that county dry.

3.7 billion cut from teacher training grants, after school and summer programs, yet funnel 400+ million to charter and private schools big thumbs DOWN.

I understand a lot of guys on here think most college educated people are liberal weenies, and some may be, but the dumbification (made up word) of our youth is not a good thing for this country.

I wonder if people on here have actually taken a look at some of the programs he wants to cut, it's not all fat he is trimming.

I think people are so glad Hilary didn't win that they are either delusional, blind or just don't care about what's happening.

I'm tired of the Hilary, Obama comparisons, if that's the bar we are setting for our president maybe we should aim a we bit higher no?

This doesn't mean that I think he is shit, and is all bad, but currently I do not believe he is doing a good job, and 80k donation to the NPS is not going to suddenly make me change that opinion. How about this? You keep that 80k and don't cut the interior budget by 1.5 billion...

On a completely unrelated note, the National Parks Service was not created to benefit hunters.

Like I said all agencies need to be accountable but there is something to be said for updating our aging military equipment. I didn't give an all out breakdown but in general I feel gov employees suck at managing resources and all could take a budget cut but I do feel we need to build up our military, just my view you don't have to agree :)

I'm not a big fan of our current education system and changes need to be made but I feel the biggest changes needed are in colleges, they are destroying our youth and not providing an education to help build up our country.

Spending by percentage...look at the numbers.

Obama:
FY2010.jpg

Trump proposal:
2017_pres_budget_total_spending_pie.png

Spending by percentage...look at the numbers.

Obama:
FY2010.jpg

Trump proposal:
2017_pres_budget_total_spending_pie.png

Besides the fact that I can barely read that, I dont think you understand the difference between what you posted and trumps proposed budget. Trumps proposal is Discretionary spending, those two pie charts are total budgeted spending, I believe, as i cant even read half of the top labels. They don't have any actual numbers by them either. The bottom chart doesn't match the top in categories. The bottom just has one called "Science" which is a weird way to label it. There is literally not a person on earth that could draw a conclusion based on those two charts.

Not just that but the one you have labeled as Trumps proposal is labeled FY 2017 which would have been Obama. hence the stupid Caricature of him.

You see those two huge pie pieces (Blue and maze) colored. Trump will have those as well, as neither is considered discretionary spending.

I could continue to dissect whatever this attempt was, but why bother. Both those charts are worthless.

Slow down the old cut and paste trigger finger and actually read and digest some info first.

Last edited:

mtcarter

FNG
I will be interested to see how much President Trump's businesses profit off his presidency. I suspect that the profit will outweigh his charity by quite a bit regardless of what you may think are his intentions. Either way, we live in interesting times.

It would really be amazing if everyone did not criticize EVERY move made by Trump or Obama. Seems no matter what they do or did, there is always going to be people who need something to complain about. We live in the GREATEST country in the world!!! No matter how shitty some of you think it is, or how Obama ruined our country, or how Trump is going to ruin it. The USA will still be great long after both of their terms end. Trump could donate 20 billion to help end world hunger, and there would be a rant about how shitty of a move it was on his part.

manitou1

WKR
Regardless, how many other presidents have donated their salary to anything? Publicity or not, never heard of it before. Personaly, I don't think there is such a thing as a perfect president... or person, but I will gladly take Trump over the other choices we had. Best thing I have seen in a long while.

Regardless, how many other presidents have donated their salary to anything? Publicity or not, never heard of it before. Personaly, I don't think there is such a thing as a perfect president... or person, but I will gladly take Trump over the other choices we had. Best thing I have seen in a long while.

2 others, Hoover and Kennedy. I didn't know of either till I googled it.

Jauwater

WKR
Trump seems decent. I think it was a good gesture. If his policies don't work then we'll see. But let's give the guy a chance aka a little time to see what happens. We can get voted out in 2020 if nothing works out, but since we're here let's give this a try. We conservatives sure dont need to be turning other conservatives cautious.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk