Chalk one up for the good guys....

Daniel_M

WKR
Which all comes down to personal opinion, but doesn't mean it's morally or ethically wrong.

Colorado allows the use of dogs to hunt Mountain Lion, a bit outside of my scope, but not my thing. Though I won't attempt to convince others it's morally wrong and unethical.

Aside from the merits of this argument, what I find really interesting is the demographic shift on Rokslide. The site has substantially transformed from a core group of backcountry athletes, mountaineers with guns, to a much broader group. I seriously doubt even 50% of the readership here have ever been on a backpack hunt.

Is there another place on the Internet that favors the backcountry crowd in the way Rokslide did around 2012-13?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Unfortunately, good logic has nothing to do with it.

You are the one cherry picking and tying things together for your own agenda or purpose. You assume that Capitalism has to have private prisons or even prisons at all. A Capitalist can choose what he capitalizes on. He's not forced into your specific set of expectations. That's just one example, I could break down the rest of it, but it would be a waste of time. You have many preconceived notions and conveniently package those into your argument and pass them off as absolutes and proof of your point of view.

You are right.......that has nothing to do with good logic at all. So I'm done messing with your entangled web.

OP
Beendare

Beendare

WKR
A man can certainly aspire to a higher personal code than that written by the state legislature.

Well but of course.

I do think wearing that, 'I'm better than other hunters' moniker...will be the death of us all. Its the strategy of the antis to chip away at each individual segment...until all hunting is lost. We have seen it be successful in many states now; Bear hunting with dogs, Baiting, heck even selecting certain species that folks think are too warm and cuddly to hunt.

Its a slippery slope when you start drawing lines; Are you a REAL hunter though you don't shoot a recurve like myself? What about the guy that makes his own bows, arrows and knaps his own BH's....should he look down on me as not being a REAL hunter as his way is more difficult?

I think its dangerous for all of us when we start drawing lines like that....ITS ALL HUNTING...VIVA LA DIFFERENCE.

We have a history...a heritage in the US of hunting with many different weapons. Anyone downing another hunter due to his choice of weapon isn't doing that for his own satisfaction/accomplishment...its to boost his own holier than thou ego

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Which all comes down to personal opinion, but doesn't mean it's morally or ethically wrong.

Exactly. You have to look at the basis for what the goal even is with bears........it's management of populations. The F&G could just say "Forget hunting......that's too ineffective, we'll take care of it from here forward". Hunters should feel appreciative to even be part of the management plan, and able to help out.

It's like having a problem with commercial fishermen fishing with nets. That's not fair at all, they must be lazy.

The bottom line is bear management, and the F&G should implement whatever means are necessary to accomplish that.......by bait, helicopters, or explosives. That last one might raise some eyebrows, but the end result is the same.......population control.

Back in the day, farmers used to drown kittens when too many litters would pop up. Today they'd be felons........why? Because too many emotional people got involved.

Daniel_M

WKR
Speaking of, no one cries over a boat load of fresh salmon with bellies full of eggs destined to spawn. Even the antis like a plate of fresh fish and dont bat an eye at how it got to them.

Fish politics are a whole nother angry ball of wax for Alaska.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: