Rinella

D_Eightch

WKR
I don't get wrapped up with celebrities or become a fan boy of anything. But Steve Rinella is one person I really do admire, guy is intelligent and a great personality to have in the hunting community.

Even when he has people from companies on he doesn't sit and kiss ass talking about how great their products are for 3/4 of the show. They still cover interesting shit and not just an infomercial. It will get a mention more than likely, but he usually puts that on the rep from the company and throws his 2 cents in when he feels the need to say something. Meateater is one podcast I can listen to the episodes more than once.
Also with the T-Shirt company he brings up, i get the vibe from his comments that he is more or less giving his buddy shit and getting him to work on marketing a bit. Not like he is telling people they need to get out and buy a hunt 2 eat shirt.

rodney482

WKR
I watched him trapping beaver...,and loved it.

Rinella is by far the best within our industry

kicker338

WKR
I like to watch most all of the hunting shows on both the outdoor and sportsman channels but the meat eater is one of my favorites, especially the one where they cooked and ate the coyote, at least some of it. Everything was fine tell it came time to eat. By the look on their faces I would bet that if the camera wasn't there they would have chickened out LOL. There was a survival series a while back were the guy was showing all the different plants you could eat. He had a cattail and said despite the fuzzy feel to it, it was very good eating. He ate some of it and a few min. later said he wasn't feeling too good, walked ofer to some brush and puked his guts out, real reality LOL.

^Cattail root is edible, I probably wouldn't mess with the fuzz...

I wish there were more episodes of meat eater on Netflix. I have to ration myself so I don't binge watch them.

His book on the bison is a great read too!

CCH

WKR
I have enjoyed pretty much everything I've seen of his. He and Randy Newberg are my go to for hunting videos. Really liked the one in South America where he was along for the ride with the locals. From poisoning fish to night hunting the smallest deer I've ever seen to chewing his way through monkey, it was a pretty cool inside look at how indigenous people live down there and the value placed on every piece of meat. He gave a good account. I enjoy his traditional hunting shows as well, but that one stuck out.

rbljack

WKR
read through most of this and browsed through it quickly. I am definitely a fan of Steve. My way of saying thanks to him was simply to support him and bought two of his books Vol 1 for big game, and Vol 2 for small game. I dont even like to read that much, but his presentation is good! That being said.....I also think Randy N is a BIG spokesperson for us as hunters.

Steve has a creative, and unique way of explaining issues, his thoughts etc. Randy does it differently, but just as well!! He adapts to the audience it seems also. What I really enjoy hearing the most though...is RANDY Unfiltered, and/or Uncensored for that matter....LOL!! I like the fact that he gets fired up over the issues.....it speaks in huge volumes because you KNOW he believes in the cause, the public land protection, etc. His last podcast with Ryan Avery and Tanya was probably my favorite so far! if you haven't listened to it, I HIGHLY recommend it.

I really like that they do small game hunts, trapping, catfishing and all sorts of stuff any of us can do.

Anyone can go on a high $ outfitted hunt and kill something, which is what most of outdoor TV is now. Good work Steve, Randy, Tim & Remi on shows that most of us can relate to.

I really enjoyed Steve's book a few years ago. However, I don't know of any hunting show that regularly features backpack/adventure hunting, and that's the only type of hunting I enjoy anymore. Sitting in a roadside camp (or watching it on TV) just bores me. I don't watch any hunting shows anymore. If I had to watch them, I guess I would watch Steve and Randy N. If I have a long drive I'll listen to Randy's podcast.

Heading outside within the hour on an overnight backpacking trip. Going to the BLM lands around Gunnison, Colorado. Better than watching TV.

somehow i missed the boat on this one and am only now finding meat eater podcast and old episodes. Rinella is totally legit. Most hunting shows make me cringe. When I click on a hunting show more often than not all I can think is "no wonder most of the world thinks hunters are idiots." The TV infomercial hunting shows with Bubba and his cousin Jethro are just unwatchable. it disturbs me. Then I watch Rinella and I hear an intelligent person, well read, smart enough to explore all sides of a debate and just plain ole funny. I Just gave up on hunting shows awhile ago which is why i probably am late to the game on this one. So now i find myself binge watching/listening to everything Rinella. The episode where he is by himself in montana spring bear hunting is one of the best hunting episodes ever. Where he says he would like to be quartered out and left for a grizz to eat I just about lost it. I have said similar several times although my preferred method would be to bloody me up and create a good slick out by the farrallons and let a great white eat me. Anyway, Rinella rocks and Callahan has the greatest stache on TV

AustinL911

Lil-Rokslider
I've already determined that when I become President, Steve Rinella will be appointed Secretary of the Interior.

texag10

WKR
I've already determined that when I become President, Steve Rinella will be appointed Secretary of the Interior.

With the party platform he outlined in last week's podcast episode, I'd vote for Rinella for president in a heartbeat.

For those that haven't heard it, it was something to the effect of "Have a strong military, foster good hunting opportunity for all, and let people do what they want in the privacy of their own homes."

AustinL911

Lil-Rokslider
With the party platform he outlined in last week's podcast episode, I'd vote for Rinella for president in a heartbeat.

For those that haven't heard it, it was something to the effect of "Have a strong military, foster good hunting opportunity for all, and let people do what they want in the privacy of their own homes."

Heard that. Loved it.

Rinella talks about the best qualities of each political party without actually saying which way he leans. It’s unfortunate that more politicians don’t share the same political views as Steve. It’s a shame that our country can’t get away from the rigid two party system.
Politics is mostly BS, but if I can find out a candidates track record on public land issues, I can almost certainly figure that their ambitions haven’t overpowered their ethics......which is more than can be said for the vast majority of the idiots on Capital Hill.