Moving West, Smithers BC

As of now mountain caribou are OTC in most units north of Smithers up toward the Yukon with a few units LEH.

OP
Jimbob

Jimbob

WKR
As of now mountain caribou are OTC in most units north of Smithers up toward the Yukon with a few units LEH.

Cool, I think there is more oppertunity then I will ever be able to experience. Hopefully my son can take full advantage of all of it. He is so excited that the legal hunting age is 10 in BC.

bcimport

WKR
Smithers is the gateway to all the awesome country in region 6. Good hunting there but another 5 - 6 hours north of there and things start getting spectacular.

tuffcity

WKR
You can at least get a small game license and go out and shoot some chickens while you get a lay of the land.

RC

... tip: if you want to fit in right away, DO NOT refer to someone's cabin as a "cottage". :)

I lived there for 24yrs miss is every day since, I actually went to school at the alternate down the street from the one your teaching in, everyone is right the hunting and fishing is unreal the best hunting can be a drive but for goat me and dad used to go within an hours drive every year and always got our moose within 10kms of home there is world class steelhead fishing everywhere, feel free to shoot me a message if you have questions about the valley.