What is with the Likes and Follows? talk me down....

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
So what is with the Likes and Followers on an informative hunting forum? I really don't care to get PM's and emails that just me tell me someone Liked me. If I think I can assist a Slider with something I feel I have experience with then I do. Don't really care about the rest.

Am I an old Curmudgeon? Why does everything have to mimic FakeBook these days.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
So what is with the Likes and Followers on an informative hunting forum? I really don't care to get PM's and emails that just me tell me someone Liked me. If I think I can assist a Slider with something I feel I have experience with then I do. Don't really care about the rest.

I turned the emails off for that. I like using likes, as an easy way to kinda say thanks or I agree without having to reply.

TroyCA

FNG
It took all of my will power to not click like on your post!! Hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7mag.

WKR
I'm right there with you, except I've come to realize that as much as I hate Facebook and Twitter, they rule the world.

oldgoat

WKR
I'm going to follow you now and like and thank you for every post you make! Because I too am an old curmudgeon!

Jauwater

WKR
I can't say I care whether I get notifications or not, makes no difference to me. I feel like a lot of what people post is an opinion. I typically will "like" someone's post in a thread if they have already said what I was planning to post. No real sense to post something someone else already posted so to me the "like" is my way of saying "I 2nd This". I also will "like" a post within a heated thread to back someone's opinion or stance on a particular issue. Not always easy to post a strong opinion on anything social media. So when I see someone post an opinion on a stance that I take, I feel like "liking" the post backs up the statement. Maybe even gives the one who posted extra confidence to give his opinion on other subjects. You may be able to turn notifications off (?) Bur anyway that's just my way of doing it. For the record I hate Facebook.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
OP
G

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
It took all of my will power to not click like on your post!! Hehe

Other people don't have your will power LOL..I post this rant and get more Likes and Thanks (that's a new one) then ever before.

TroyCA

FNG
Well after a long day this gave me a chuckle - good post - and I'm all about being a curmudgeon!

colonel00

WKR
To me, I think it's a simple way to show your gratitude, appreciation, agreement or acknowledgement. I find it much better than threads that have numerous posts of people saying "same here" or "nice pic" or "I agree" or "great post". It just reduces clutter. It also draws my attention to posts when skimming through a thread to see where other people have taken the time to Like or Thank a post. Usually there is maybe some more substance in that post that's worth pausing and reading.

Oh, and the follow thing on Tapatalk, I agree that I hit that on accident quite a bit too.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member

It cuts down on bullshit posts and it's working.

Oh, and there was likes on forums long before Facebook.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
It cuts down on bullshit posts and it's working.

Oh, and there was likes on forums long before Facebook.

Why do some of the mods not have a "thank for this post" option? Just out of curiosity.