What is with the Likes and Follows? talk me down....

I enjoy the likes and thanks options for all the reasons above. The "auto follow" someone is annoying. I turned it off. Can't remember if that was a tapatalk thing or forum setting but it's lame that it's on by default.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I have no idea what this "follow" thing is that is being talked about, but no big deal as I'm not a follower.

I never even heard of "likes" before FB came out, and then not even sure how I heard about them because I've never been on FB.

As a curmudgeon myself, if someone walked up to me and said "I liked what you said".......I'd probably look at them oddly and reply with "Stay away from me".

outdoor_matt

Lil-Rokslider
I like liking quality sarcasm (in good fun) and quick comebacks. People who are quick-witted on the keyboard make my day. They've earned my like.

It cuts down on bullshit posts and it's working.

Oh, and there was likes on forums long before Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we need a thumbs down for posts as well. You said the thumbs up cuts down on bullshit posts. I think a thumbs down would do the same thing, stop some bickering but allow someone to show that they dont agree or dislike a post.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I think we need a thumbs down for posts as well.

While I agree with this, our society today is much too fragile to handle that kind of criticism or rejection. Our world is filled with emotional hemophiliacs that would come unhinged with anything negative associated with them or what they say or post, or anyone disagreeing with them. There would be protesting and rioting in the streets.

And then Ryan's thread about his PM's and emails would be even more justified from all the messages he'd get from folks crying that they got a "dislike" or "thumbs down".

Last edited: