Cameras

OP
Y
You are suggesting I change settings in my iPhone. Ummm.... ya, I know how to turn it on and off...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColoradoHunterHiker

Lil-Rokslider
I wasn't trying to be rude. iPhone's default setting for video is 30fps. Go in and change the video recording to 60 fps (1080 HD at 60fps). Makes a world of difference. Mostly, I was trying to be helpful since I noticed you sent your post via iPhone. You'll notice I first suggested some options (ranging from a couple hundred dollars to a couple thousand). Again, wasn't trying to be rude or insinuate you were incapable of turning it on or off.

OP
Y
Oh sorry. I was not implying you were being rude! I in my own sarcastic way was just implying I'm not tech savvy. I was saying I only know how to turn it on and off. Changing settings I'd have to give it to a four year old and have them do it. But seriously, I am trying to look and change those settings

ColoradoHunterHiker

Lil-Rokslider
No worries at all! I understand. If you'd like to try here's how: Click "Settings" scroll down to "Photos & Camera" click on that. Scroll down to "Record Video" click on that. Click on "1080HD at 60 fps". Then the check mark should be by "1080HD at 60 fps" and that's it. FYI: It does take a lot more space on the phone to record in this setting. And if not, like you said, find a younger generation and let them do it for ya.

If not, I think the go pro is a good option for "turn on, push record, and " The other options are probably a little more indepth.

OP
Y
Thanks for the help. Got it switched. I'll look into the GoPro's.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I went with a Yi 4K action cam its half the price of GoPro and lot more user friendly interface. Super happy with it. The dub it the GoPro killer.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some of the smaller Sony and Canon cameras are great for "pointing and shooting". Depending on what level your on or want to get on that is a good option. Mirrorless sony's take great video (probably better than designated video cameras) and are smaller and lighter than similar DSLR cameras. The A6000, A6300 and A6500 are all good options. With a longer lens like a 200mm you can film archery hunts easily. Weight can become an issue with those bigger lenses though, especially solo. Add a gopro in for a second angle and you'll have a pretty good 2 camera setup for solo.