Kuiu Article

Stwrt9

WKR
i think this is a super smart decision on Kuiu's part. As kuiu expands it's product line as intended with workout clothes, etc, it is going to clean up in Denver. With all the things to do outside in the Denver area this is fits their mold. I would eventually expect there to be a Kuiu on the East coast as well, somewhere within the DC, Philly, New York metro area to cover the needs of the East Coast. They will never have a store in every major city as i don't think it will ever be their intention but to have a few strategically located stores in highly populated areas across the country would be smart.

i think this is a super smart decision on Kuiu's part. As kuiu expands it's product line as intended with workout clothes, etc, it is going to clean up in Denver. With all the things to do outside in the Denver area this is fits their mold. I would eventually expect there to be a Kuiu on the East coast as well, somewhere within the DC, Philly, New York metro area to cover the needs of the East Coast. They will never have a store in every major city as i don't think it will ever be their intention but to have a few strategically located stores in highly populated areas across the country would be smart.

X's 2..... I was thinking last night after watching the TV clip. Strictly from my personal consumer standpoint I would benefit greatly from this type of sale/store. I hate with a passion going into big box retailers, be it cabelas, home depot or walmart. For the market he's carved out, this will be a winner. If you want a giant store with tons of crap and space there's plenty of others barely treading water. A small intimate store with a few staff who are handpicked and know exactly the elements people are looking for will equal smart employees and low(er) overhead. If they devote staff to customer service and attention, I'll show up. Just being able to try stuff on and not have to ship back will be advantageous for me.

Well if there is one thing we know, somehow Jason makes it work where no one else could, he's could sell ocean front property in KS and make it work.

Dot i tend to agree. As much shit as Kuiu and Jason get here(some admittedly deserved) he is probably the most successful guy in this space. I don't think he would make a decision like this unless he knows the end game.

I think the staff are going to be a big part of the lake it or break it. If I wanted a mediocre product, no selection and less than knowledgeable staff....i would just goto cabelas. People goto the boutique stores for a specific product and somebody knowledgeable to help them.

Personally I think having their name on their own brick & mortar locations adds significantly to brand strength or value. We don't see First Lite or Sitka or Kryptek or...think of many others who make great gear and apparel but primarily market it through another outlet. KUIU-made bought at a KUIU-owned and operated store is unique to the specialized high-end hunting market. I also wouldn't be shocked to see them move warehousing and shipping to a more centralized region. I don't always agree with KUIU's decisions but I applaud them for possibly doing what few competitors have the means or will to do. It may ultimately result in more market-capture as the brand builds.

But then I could be all wrong.

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
I guess it would be good for ensuring they always have inventory. Can't run a store with no product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Colorado front range has a huge 'bro truck' crowd. They might break even on building a store just on selling these bone heads stickers for their lifted diesels and raptors. As long as they can scrape off the bone collector stickers to make room...

Hairston was briefly a Denver Bronco wasn't he? In the John Elway era right? Wonder if he will get any of that kind of pub when the place opens?

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
I think the staff are going to be a big part of the lake it or break it. If I wanted a mediocre product, no selection and less than knowledgeable staff....i would just goto cabelas. People goto the boutique stores for a specific product and somebody knowledgeable to help them.

As I've already mentioned here, I'm damn near a regular at the Kuiu store. The staff is really good. If you need something warmer, wind resistant, better breathability, and best layering options, and they are great to help. If you want to know what materials do what, or how they work together in a single piece, they can explain it all. They have always been very knowledgeable. And have been great on fitting and helping me adjusting the packs.

Stock in the store is good. The only thing they didn't have in the last few years, was the grey attack pants. If they can duplicate the good people and ample stock from Dixon to Denver, they'll do fine.

IdahoElk

WKR
Wow,looks like they are improving their CA. location,good for them!

[video=youtube;X9WpMLRxxKE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9WpMLRxxKE[/video]

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
Wow,looks like they are improving their CA. location,good for them!

[video=youtube;X9WpMLRxxKE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9WpMLRxxKE[/video]

Yes. It's a different building in the same parking lot. They are just moving the showroom to a much larger unit on the other side of Curves. I always park over there anyway, because my brodozer doesn't fit near the current showroom. I guess it's supposed to be open late fall.

IdahoElk

WKR
Yes. It's a different building in the same parking lot. They are just moving the showroom to a much larger unit on the other side of Curves. I always park over there anyway, because my brodozer doesn't fit near the current showroom. I guess it's supposed to be open late fall.

Wow,this is yours? Ha!
[video=youtube;HMQQ4sfg3UE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMQQ4sfg3UE[/video]

just saw a deal on facebook where they are doing a multi city mobile store this summer and fall. Looks like it will be all over the country with 3 stops in Colorado: Denver, Springs and Junction

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Yeah I wish them the best he really is doing an amazing job with his company I will definitely be checking out the denver store when it opens up

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
Wow,this is yours? Ha!
[video=youtube;HMQQ4sfg3UE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMQQ4sfg3UE[/video]

Bless that trucks heart, it's ugly as sin... What happened to its ass? And a CAT motor?! Real brodozers are powered by Cummins. ;) Mine is a dually.

For the record, I hate flat brimmed hats and white framed Oakley glasses.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I see tons of people wearing Sitka here. Very few wearing Kuiu.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Casual wear ya I see more sitka, but I did see kuiu at Casa Bonita of all places.

Last year at the cba jamboree it was pretty even with kuiu, sitka, Firstlite.

Takem

WKR
Interesting indeed. I'm not a fan of Kuiu but the idea of getting stuff custom fit sounds nice. At 6'4" it's tough to find sleeves and pant legs that are long enough.

Exactly. As much as I like First Lite as a company at 6'4+ I'm not sure their gear is going to work. Does anyone know if they offer or are going to offer custom fitting in Dixon at the main store?

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
Exactly. As much as I like First Lite as a company at 6'4+ I'm not sure their gear is going to work. Does anyone know if they offer or are going to offer custom fitting in Dixon at the main store?

In the video posted above, Jason said they will be.

jpuckett

Lil-Rokslider
I like their products. Hope they continue to have success. The more people that have great products the better for us.

2ski

WKR
Casual wear ya I see more sitka, but I did see kuiu at Casa Bonita of all places.

Last year at the cba jamboree it was pretty even with kuiu, sitka, Firstlite.
I meant here as in bozeman in response to the post asking why not Bozeman instead of Denver.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patw